No connection with client access - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on No connection with client access - IBM AS400 ; ok, Set the userlimit to *nomax but still can't get connection. When i start the emulator i see he is trying to connect but i get the following messages at the bottom of the screen. First: Conection made to server/host ...

  1. No connection with client access

    ok,

    Set the userlimit to *nomax but still can't get connection. When i
    start the emulator i see he is trying to connect but i get the
    following messages at the bottom of the screen.

    First: Conection made to server/host at through port 23
    Second: Hostname not found (I see a code 656 in the emulator screen)

    I can get a connection with windows explorer or operations navigator.
    What is the problem?

    Thx,

    Johan

  2. Re: No connection with client access

    Johan said the following on 31.10.2006 12:05:

    > First: Conection made to server/host at through port 23
    > Second: Hostname not found (I see a code 656 in the emulator screen)

    Did you put IP address or the name of the server in the connection?
    If you have put the name of the server, do you have local DNS?
    If you have local DNS, put the name of the server in to the DNS.
    If you don't have local DNS, put the name of the server in to the hosts file
    on your local PC (in Windows XP it is here:
    Folder: D:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\
    File: hosts
    sample:
    172.16.52.100 S6507XXX
    172.16.52.101 A6007XXX

    Or use IP address for the connection.
    --
    Dejan Rodiger - PGP ID 0xAC8722DC
    Delete wirus from e-mail address

  3. Re: No connection with client access

    I did use the ipadress for the connection, but i will try with the
    hostfile as you suggested.

  4. Re: No connection with client access

    Johan said the following on 2.11.2006 9:17:
    > I did use the ipadress for the connection, but i will try with the
    > hostfile as you suggested.

    Also check that telnet server is running and that the host servers are running.

    --
    Dejan Rodiger - PGP ID 0xAC8722DC
    Delete wirus from e-mail address

+ Reply to Thread