STRSQL problem - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on STRSQL problem - IBM AS400 ; Hi. Few weeks ago I've migrated clients application from i810 to new i520 (V5R3M0). Since that time we often get error while working in STRQL - "Current connection is to relational database ...... is lost". I've added local database entry ...

  1. STRSQL problem

    Hi.
    Few weeks ago I've migrated clients application from i810 to new i520
    (V5R3M0).
    Since that time we often get error while working in STRQL - "Current
    connection is to relational database ...... is lost".
    I've added local database entry WRKRDBDIRE. And still nothing.
    I've checked on IBM Info.Center - evertyhig looks fine.

    Does anybody gets ever similar problem?

    Regards,
    Tomasz

  2. Re: STRSQL problem

    tomasz wrote:
    > Hi.
    > Few weeks ago I've migrated clients application from i810 to new i520
    > (V5R3M0).
    > Since that time we often get error while working in STRQL - "Current
    > connection is to relational database ...... is lost".
    > I've added local database entry WRKRDBDIRE. And still nothing.
    > I've checked on IBM Info.Center - evertyhig looks fine.
    >
    > Does anybody gets ever similar problem?

    If you exit STRSQL and press F10 to see low level messages, are there
    any other messages prior to "connection lost"? Is so they may shed some
    light on the problem.

    --
    Karl Hanson

  3. Re: STRSQL problem

    Also make sure the new box has all the CUMEs, HIPERS, and Groups for
    the installed products applied. If you have a support contract with
    IBM, that would be my next step (they will want you current on fixes
    first so you might as well get that out of the way first).

    Matt

    Karl Hanson wrote:
    > tomasz wrote:
    > > Hi.
    > > Few weeks ago I've migrated clients application from i810 to new i520
    > > (V5R3M0).
    > > Since that time we often get error while working in STRQL - "Current
    > > connection is to relational database ...... is lost".
    > > I've added local database entry WRKRDBDIRE. And still nothing.
    > > I've checked on IBM Info.Center - evertyhig looks fine.
    > >
    > > Does anybody gets ever similar problem?
    > >

    > If you exit STRSQL and press F10 to see low level messages, are there
    > any other messages prior to "connection lost"? Is so they may shed some
    > light on the problem.
    >
    > --
    > Karl Hanson

+ Reply to Thread