stop a process - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on stop a process - IBM AS400 ; Hi, On a 9407/170 running V5R1 I constantly see a printjob in QPRINT holding one page in status OPN. This one comes from a job with a user name of "QYPSJSVR" Can someone tell me how to kill this job. ...

  1. stop a process

    Hi,

    On a 9407/170 running V5R1 I constantly see a printjob in QPRINT holding one
    page in status OPN. This one comes from a job with a user name of "QYPSJSVR"
    Can someone tell me how to kill this job.

    Thx
    Pjotr

  2. Re: stop a process

    Pjotr wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > On a 9407/170 running V5R1 I constantly see a printjob in QPRINT holding one
    > page in status OPN. This one comes from a job with a user name of "QYPSJSVR"
    > Can someone tell me how to kill this job.
    >
    > Thx
    > Pjotr

    That's the management central server. To stop, issue the ENDTCPSVR
    *MGTC command.
    Why is a spooled file in OPN status a problem though?

  3. Re: stop a process

    jsev99@yahoo.co.nz wrote:
    > Pjotr wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> On a 9407/170 running V5R1 I constantly see a printjob in QPRINT
    >> holding one page in status OPN. This one comes from a job with a
    >> user name of "QYPSJSVR" Can someone tell me how to kill this job.
    >>
    >> Thx
    >> Pjotr

    > That's the management central server. To stop, issue the ENDTCPSVR
    > *MGTC command.
    > Why is a spooled file in OPN status a problem though?

    Things that we do not need should not be running on the system.

    Thanks,
    Pjotr

+ Reply to Thread