Reverse Engineering a PAGSEQ (AFPDS) - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Reverse Engineering a PAGSEQ (AFPDS) - IBM AS400 ; We have a report printed using AFPDS that contains several PAGSEG formats in the DDS source. I understand how segments or overlays can be created, but is there a way to reverse-engineer this so that you can see what is ...

  1. Reverse Engineering a PAGSEQ (AFPDS)

    We have a report printed using AFPDS that contains several PAGSEG
    formats in the DDS source.

    I understand how segments or overlays can be created, but is there a
    way to reverse-engineer this so that you can see what is in a PAGSEG?

    The changes to this report to add AFPDS were done a while ago by
    someone else, and I have not been able to locate the original image
    that was used to create this.

    It would be nice if you could regenerate it, but somehow I'm doubtful
    it can be done...

  2. Re: Reverse Engineering a PAGSEQ (AFPDS)

    poddys wrote:
    > We have a report printed using AFPDS that contains several PAGSEG
    > formats in the DDS source.
    >
    > I understand how segments or overlays can be created, but is there a
    > way to reverse-engineer this so that you can see what is in a PAGSEG?
    >
    > The changes to this report to add AFPDS were done a while ago by
    > someone else, and I have not been able to locate the original image
    > that was used to create this.
    >
    > It would be nice if you could regenerate it, but somehow I'm doubtful
    > it can be done...
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

    The Copy AFPDS Resource (QGSCPYRS) API puts an AFPDS data stream
    equivalent of the specified AFPDS resource into the specified user space.
    The object types of the AFPDS resource that are allowed are:
    *PAGSEG Page segment
    *PAGDFN Page definition
    *OVL Overlay
    *FORMDF Form definition
    *FNTRSC Font resource
    Then you should know very well AFPDS to change it and covert back to an
    as400 object with the specific command: CRTxxx where xxx can be the
    object type without the '*', e.g CRTPAGSEG.