Lost in the fixed cycle - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Lost in the fixed cycle - IBM AS400 ; If I have a IP file and am doing a count of certain records and want to dump the count to SYSPRT at *LR how would I code it. I put a field in the output specs with lr indicator ...

  1. Lost in the fixed cycle

    If I have a IP file and am doing a count of certain records and want to
    dump the count to SYSPRT at *LR how would I code it. I put a field in
    the output specs with lr indicator but it would not print.
    This is an RPGLE program. I can get it the with a READ LOOP and printer
    file but not with an IP and output spec. Please send simple example. TY

  2. Re: Lost in the fixed cycle

    nazard99@yahoo.com wrote:
    > If I have a IP file and am doing a count of certain records and want to
    > dump the count to SYSPRT at *LR how would I code it. I put a field in
    > the output specs with lr indicator but it would not print.
    > This is an RPGLE program. I can get it the with a READ LOOP and printer
    > file but not with an IP and output spec. Please send simple example. TY

    I would use EXECPT to print the line at LR time:

    Fqsysprt o f 132 printer

    cLR except CountLn

    Oqsysprt e CountLn 3
    O 20 'Record count . . .'
    O RcdCount Z 25

    -Steve

  3. Re: Lost in the fixed cycle

    nazard99@yahoo.com wrote:

    > If I have a IP file and am doing a count of certain records and want to
    > dump the count to SYSPRT at *LR how would I code it. I put a field in
    > the output specs with lr indicator but it would not print.
    > This is an RPGLE program. I can get it the with a READ LOOP and printer
    > file but not with an IP and output spec. Please send simple example. TY

    The O spec has to be a T type.

    Osysprt t lr
    O count

+ Reply to Thread