modem lags - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on modem lags - IBM AS400 ; On v5r3 as400 we enabled ECS modem as answering line, and we connect to it remotely, with iSeries Access 5250 session. We have problem with response. Every 30 to 60 seconds, the screen (5250) freezes (with'X'), and continues after 15 ...

  1. modem lags

    On v5r3 as400 we enabled ECS modem as answering line, and we connect to it
    remotely, with iSeries Access 5250 session.

    We have problem with response. Every 30 to 60 seconds, the screen (5250)
    freezes (with'X'), and continues after 15 seconds or so.

    We tried dialing to AS/400 from other clients and starting 5250 from there,
    but it happened again. So problem is on server side.

    Could it be related that we have 2 network cards in iSeries, on different
    subnets?

  2. Re: modem lags

    You need to configure the modem for a PPP connection, I don't believe
    you can dial into the ECS since it is probably setup for SNA only.

    Damir wrote:
    > On v5r3 as400 we enabled ECS modem as answering line, and we connect to it
    > remotely, with iSeries Access 5250 session.
    >
    > We have problem with response. Every 30 to 60 seconds, the screen (5250)
    > freezes (with'X'), and continues after 15 seconds or so.
    >
    > We tried dialing to AS/400 from other clients and starting 5250 from there,
    > but it happened again. So problem is on server side.
    >
    > Could it be related that we have 2 network cards in iSeries, on different
    > subnets?

+ Reply to Thread