AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver - IBM AS400 ; I am working with VB .NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400. Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got ...

  1. AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver

    I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3).
    I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version
    10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400.
    Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error
    "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 -
    SQL system error".

    Can someone help me on this issue?

  2. Re: AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver

    Jean wrote:
    > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3).
    > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version
    > 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400.
    > Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error
    > "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 -
    > SQL system error".
    >
    > Can someone help me on this issue?

    If the connection is successful, you may want to look at the job log on
    the server (iSeries), which often will contain more detailed information
    in the form of messages, if the failure is on the server. The server
    job will have a name of the form nnnnnn/QUSER/QZDASOINIT. On a 5250
    ("green screen") command line after connecting from the client, try this
    to find the job:

    wrkactjob job(qzda*)

    Use option 5 (Work with), then option 10 (Display job log), then F10
    (Display detailed messages).

    --
    Karl Hanson

  3. Re: AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver

    Jean wrote:
    > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3).
    > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version
    > 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400.
    > Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error
    > "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 -
    > SQL system error".
    >
    > Can someone help me on this issue?

    I strongly suggest you not use that driver and convert to the native
    ..NET providers. They are on the iSeries CD for Client Access v5r3

    Not only are they easier to work with, they are much, much faster (for
    me, things taking 30 seconds in ODBC were done in 3 seconds with the
    native providers).

    --
    Texeme Construct
    http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com

  4. Re: AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver

    Where are they at on the cd and how do you install them???
    then, how do you actually use them??? ODBC sure does seem slow at
    times, if I could speed up, would like to, but nto sure I understnad
    how to install/use the .net providers. Do you install them through
    client access????

    thanks,
    ga
    John Bailo wrote:

    >Jean wrote:
    >> I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3).
    >> I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version
    >> 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400.
    >> Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error
    >> "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 -
    >> SQL system error".
    >>
    >> Can someone help me on this issue?
    >>

    >I strongly suggest you not use that driver and convert to the native
    >.NET providers. They are on the iSeries CD for Client Access v5r3
    >
    >Not only are they easier to work with, they are much, much faster (for
    >me, things taking 30 seconds in ODBC were done in 3 seconds with the
    >native providers).

    George Applegate
    gappleg8@fscoop.com

  5. Re: AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver

    ....And are they installed on client or server or both?

    ga wrote:
    > Where are they at on the cd and how do you install them???
    > then, how do you actually use them??? ODBC sure does seem slow at
    > times, if I could speed up, would like to, but nto sure I understnad
    > how to install/use the .net providers. Do you install them through
    > client access????
    >
    > thanks,
    > ga
    > John Bailo wrote:
    >
    > >Jean wrote:
    > >> I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3).
    > >> I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version
    > >> 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400.
    > >> Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error
    > >> "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 -
    > >> SQL system error".
    > >>
    > >> Can someone help me on this issue?
    > >>

    > >I strongly suggest you not use that driver and convert to the native
    > >.NET providers. They are on the iSeries CD for Client Access v5r3
    > >
    > >Not only are they easier to work with, they are much, much faster (for
    > >me, things taking 30 seconds in ODBC were done in 3 seconds with the
    > >native providers).

    > George Applegate
    > gappleg8@fscoop.com

  6. Re: AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver

    John Bailo a écrit :

    > Jean wrote:
    > > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3).
    > > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version
    > > 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400.
    > > Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error
    > > "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 -
    > > SQL system error".
    > >
    > > Can someone help me on this issue?
    > >

    > I strongly suggest you not use that driver and convert to the native
    > .NET providers. They are on the iSeries CD for Client Access v5r3
    >
    > Not only are they easier to work with, they are much, much faster (for
    > me, things taking 30 seconds in ODBC were done in 3 seconds with the
    > native providers).
    >
    > --
    > Texeme Construct
    > http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com

    John,

    Can you provide me more info where to find the driver?
    CD from microsoft or from IBM

    Thanks

  7. Re: AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver

    John Bailo a écrit :

    > Jean wrote:
    > > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3).
    > > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version
    > > 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400.
    > > Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error
    > > "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 -
    > > SQL system error".
    > >
    > > Can someone help me on this issue?
    > >

    > I strongly suggest you not use that driver and convert to the native
    > .NET providers. They are on the iSeries CD for Client Access v5r3
    >
    > Not only are they easier to work with, they are much, much faster (for
    > me, things taking 30 seconds in ODBC were done in 3 seconds with the
    > native providers).
    >
    > --
    > Texeme Construct
    > http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com

    John,

    Can you provide me more info where to find the driver?
    CD from microsoft or from IBM

    Thanks

  8. Re: AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver

    Jean wrote:
    > John Bailo a écrit :
    >
    >> Jean wrote:
    >>> I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3).
    >>> I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version
    >>> 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400.
    >>> Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error
    >>> "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 -
    >>> SQL system error".
    >>>
    >>> Can someone help me on this issue?
    >>>

    >> I strongly suggest you not use that driver and convert to the native
    >> .NET providers. They are on the iSeries CD for Client Access v5r3
    >>
    >> Not only are they easier to work with, they are much, much faster (for
    >> me, things taking 30 seconds in ODBC were done in 3 seconds with the
    >> native providers).
    >>
    >> --
    >> Texeme Construct
    >> http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com

    > John,
    >
    > Can you provide me more info where to find the driver?
    > CD from microsoft or from IBM

    Below is some info I relayed in answer to a similar question a few
    months ago. Maybe this will help(?) Also here is a link to some online
    info:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...etprovider.htm

    The .NET provider is included with iSeries Access for Windows, starting
    with the V5R3M0 version. To install it, the PC must first have the .NET
    Framework installed. Then, when installing iSeries Access for Windows
    (or use Selective Setup), go to the "Data Access" section and select the
    ..NET provider from there.

    The .NET classes are described in the .NET provider tech ref, which is
    installed when selecting the "Toolkit" component. The .NET provider's
    help file is cwbmptch.hlp. There is also a Redbook which can be useful
    for someone getting started with this provider:
    http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstract...6440.html?Open

    --
    Karl Hanson

  9. Re: AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver

    Karl Hanson wrote:

    > The .NET provider is included with iSeries Access for Windows, starting
    > with the V5R3M0 version. To install it, the PC must first have the .NET
    > Framework installed. Then, when installing iSeries Access for Windows
    > (or use Selective Setup), go to the "Data Access" section and select the
    > .NET provider from there.
    >
    > The .NET classes are described in the .NET provider tech ref, which is
    > installed when selecting the "Toolkit" component. The .NET provider's
    > help file is cwbmptch.hlp. There is also a Redbook which can be useful
    > for someone getting started with this provider:
    > http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstract...6440.html?Open

    The other cool thing about this is you don't have to install and
    administer ODBC at all.

    You get your own .dll for ISeriesDB and just make it part of your build
    -- the objects and methods are a mirror of the SqlClient libraries for
    SQLServer.

    --
    Texeme Construct
    http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com

  10. Re: AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver

    On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:55:20 -0500, Karl Hanson
    wrote:

    >Jean wrote:
    >> John Bailo a écrit :

    >>> I strongly suggest you not use that driver and convert to the native
    >>> .NET providers. They are on the iSeries CD for Client Access v5r3
    >>>
    >>> Not only are they easier to work with, they are much, much faster (for
    >>> me, things taking 30 seconds in ODBC were done in 3 seconds with the
    >>> native providers).
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Texeme Construct
    >>> http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com

    >> John,
    >>
    >> Can you provide me more info where to find the driver?
    >> CD from microsoft or from IBM
    >>

    >Below is some info I relayed in answer to a similar question a few
    >months ago. Maybe this will help(?) Also here is a link to some online
    > info:
    >http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...etprovider.htm
    >
    >The .NET provider is included with iSeries Access for Windows, starting
    >with the V5R3M0 version. To install it, the PC must first have the .NET
    >Framework installed. Then, when installing iSeries Access for Windows
    >(or use Selective Setup), go to the "Data Access" section and select the
    >.NET provider from there.
    >
    >The .NET classes are described in the .NET provider tech ref, which is
    >installed when selecting the "Toolkit" component. The .NET provider's
    >help file is cwbmptch.hlp. There is also a Redbook which can be useful
    >for someone getting started with this provider:
    >http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstract...6440.html?Open

+ Reply to Thread