POS. Cash Register on AS400. - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on POS. Cash Register on AS400. - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I need some advise on "Point of Sale" hardware. We have a store with two POS(Wasp) systems that are using Wasp software and hardware. We have to upload/download inventory, convert the data, etc.... It does not work smoothly........ We ...

  1. POS. Cash Register on AS400.

    Hi,

    I need some advise on "Point of Sale" hardware.

    We have a store with two POS(Wasp) systems that are using Wasp software

    and hardware. We have to upload/download inventory, convert the data,
    etc.... It does not work smoothly........

    We would like to write Cash Register software that will work directly
    with our inventory files and merge to our existing applications.

    1. Is there any POS software with open source?
    2. What hardware is the best to use?
    3. How can I make the hardware communicate with a cash register?
    4. Is there a special API's to open the cash drawer?

    Thank you in advance
    Gary

  2. Re: POS. Cash Register on AS400.

    If you are happy to run Java on your 400, there is jPOS:
    http://www.jpos.org/

  3. Re: POS. Cash Register on AS400.

    thank You.

    Is there anything else like API? All I need is to open a cash drawer.

    Thank You again
    Gary

  4. Re: POS. Cash Register on AS400.

    Gary Segal wrote:
    > :-)
    >
    > Yes. Do you have any Ideas how to hook it up to 9406.
    > Thanks

    I know where to start, but I've no idea where to go.
    Basically answering the followžng questions should help:
    Is the POS connected some way to a network? If yes, which way?
    Is the network reachable from as400?
    Is POS running a known command protocol?

    --
    Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAŮe joAlcoolInside
    Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v„o ŗ merda

  5. Re: POS. Cash Register on AS400.

    It is 2 stand a long Wasp Quick store systems:
    (http://www.waspbarcode.com/point_of_...s_bundle_p.asp)

    I know where to start, but I've no idea where to go

    Basically answering the followžng questions should help:
    Is the POS connected some way to a network? If yes, which way? . -----
    It is on our MS network.
    Is the network reachable from as400? ---- YES
    Is POS running a known command protocol? ----- Wasp Quick store
    software

    thanks

  6. Re: POS. Cash Register on AS400.

    Gary Segal wrote:
    > It is 2 stand a long Wasp Quick store systems:
    > (http://www.waspbarcode.com/point_of_...s_bundle_p.asp)
    >

    > I know where to start, but I've no idea where to go
    >
    > Basically answering the followžng questions should help:
    > Is the POS connected some way to a network? If yes, which way? . -----
    > It is on our MS network.
    > Is the network reachable from as400? ---- YES
    > Is POS running a known command protocol? ----- Wasp Quick store
    > software

    Wasp QuickStore is not a protocol it's a windows based-software software
    to manage devices like a POS and a cash-drawer. QuickStore is able to
    manage a cash-drwer if connected to a PC via printer port or serial
    port, so you must have one of these connection on your cash-drawer.
    In your link I understand that the cash drawer should be connected to
    the printer port, so speaking with it is matter of printing somewhat.
    What to print to open the drawer is what I call a "protocol", in other
    words which verbs the drawer understands.
    Maybe it will be as simple as printing "OPEN SESAM", maybe not.

    --
    Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAŮe joAlcoolInside
    Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v„o ŗ merda

  7. Re: POS. Cash Register on AS400.

    What you are saing, that I sould try to connect that receipt printer to
    AS400.
    and when the printer starts to print the drawer will open?
    Thank You. I will try that.
    Gary

  8. Re: POS. Cash Register on AS400.

    Gary Segal wrote:
    > What you are saing, that I sould try to connect that receipt printer to
    > AS400.

    Yes, you can try with a client access printer emulation session, on the
    as400 side write a spooled file on the output queue of the emulated printer.

    > and when the printer starts to print the drawer will open?

    Depending on what you will print. I don't trust that the sentence "SESAM
    OPEN" will work with your cash-drawer too.

    --
    Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAŮe joAlcoolInside
    Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v„o ŗ merda

  9. Re: POS. Cash Register on AS400.

    Thank You.
    I will try it. I will post the results.

    Dr.UgoGagliardelli wrote:
    > Gary Segal wrote:
    > > What you are saing, that I sould try to connect that receipt printer to
    > > AS400.

    > Yes, you can try with a client access printer emulation session, on the
    > as400 side write a spooled file on the output queue of the emulated printer.
    >
    > > and when the printer starts to print the drawer will open?

    > Depending on what you will print. I don't trust that the sentence "SESAM
    > OPEN" will work with your cash-drawer too.
    >
    > > Thank You. I will try that.
    > > Gary
    > >

    > --
    > Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAŮe joAlcoolInside
    > Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v„o ŗ merda
    > Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'

+ Reply to Thread