CPU Activation - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on CPU Activation - IBM AS400 ; Hi. My client has i520 V5R3 with 2 CPU on board. Can I check how many CPU's are active? Regards, Tomasz...

  1. CPU Activation

    Hi.

    My client has i520 V5R3 with 2 CPU on board.
    Can I check how many CPU's are active?

    Regards,
    Tomasz

  2. Re: CPU Activation

    tomasz wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > My client has i520 V5R3 with 2 CPU on board.
    > Can I check how many CPU's are active?

    try commands like WRKSYSACT, WRKHDWRSC *PRC, WRKSYSSTS.

    what about a simple CL program that loops billions of times? Something
    that will run for 5 seconds and max out the CPU. Submit that program
    something like this:
    SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(CPUTEST))
    JOB(CPUTEST)
    JOBQ(QCTL)
    LOG(4 00 *SECLVL)

    after it runs, look at the joblog and see how long it took. Then
    submit the same job twice, at the same time. The theory is that if the
    run time of the two jobs match the run time of single job, you have two
    CPUs. If the two jobs took twice as long to run, you have one CPU.

    -Steve

+ Reply to Thread