Re: how to use and as400 9401-150 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Re: how to use and as400 9401-150 - IBM AS400 ; Hi annerajb, When I'm troubleshooting I like to keep it simple. I use a telnet session to prove the connection. Once that's proven to be okay you can start to look at iSeries access. iSeries Navigator can search for AS400s ...

  1. Re: how to use and as400 9401-150

    Hi annerajb,

    When I'm troubleshooting I like to keep it simple. I use a telnet
    session to prove the connection. Once that's proven to be okay you can
    start to look at iSeries access. iSeries Navigator can search for
    AS400s given a subnet range, providing all of the server daemons are up
    and running. You could also use a port scanner to determine which ports
    are open if Telnet doesn't work. Hope that helps.

    Rgds,
    Danny

  2. Re: how to use and as400 9401-150

    "Daniel.Peaper@gmail.com" writes:

    > and running. You could also use a port scanner to determine which ports
    > are open if Telnet doesn't work. Hope that helps.

    I have good experience with using the nmap port scanner, which is
    available for Windows and Unix.

    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

+ Reply to Thread