Re: JSP & WebSphere 6.0 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Re: JSP & WebSphere 6.0 - IBM AS400 ; Sounds false to me. I can't imaging they would remove JSP functionality that's been there for a long time. The whole idea of using JSP is multiplatoform compatability. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!" Email: richard@rjssoftware.com ...

  1. Re: JSP & WebSphere 6.0

    Sounds false to me. I can't imaging they would remove JSP functionality
    that's been there for a long time.

    The whole idea of using JSP is multiplatoform compatability.

    Regards,
    Richard Schoen
    RJS Software Systems Inc.
    "Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!"
    Email: richard@rjssoftware.com
    Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
    Tel: (952) 898-3038
    Fax: (952) 898-1781
    Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

    "oziris" wrote in message
    news:1161069550.076610.35730@f16g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I read 2 things about "WebSphere compatible JSP code". I would like to
    > be sure that is true:
    >
    > 1. WebSphere can't perform evaluation within a taglib.
    > Ex:
    > Wrong:
    > > %>" />
    > Right:
    > <%
    > String fooParam = request.getParameter("foo");
    > %>
    >

    > 2. The WebSphere JSP Compiler doesn't accept single-quote (double-quote
    > must be used).
    >
    > Thanks a lot for helping me.
    >
    > -o / France

  2. Re: JSP & WebSphere 6.0

    "Richard Schoen" writes:

    > Sounds false to me. I can't imaging they would remove JSP functionality
    > that's been there for a long time.

    In ancient history we used a WebSphere where the compiler only
    understood jsp 0.91. Perhaps it is such a paper that the original
    poster have found?

    In order to comply with JSP 1.0 or bigger, I believe that the compiler
    must be able to compile the cases shown.
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

+ Reply to Thread