Re: as400 command parameters reference - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Re: as400 command parameters reference - IBM AS400 ; thanks for the help I was hoping for a text file, with a simple format, that could be parsed, but I guess I'll have to do some work by myself... gb wrote: > "f3l" wrote in message > news:1161366977.023036.155140@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com... ...

  1. Re: as400 command parameters reference

    gb wrote:
    > "f3l" wrote in message
    > news:1161366977.023036.155140@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > > I would like to know if anyone's got an as/400 command reference like
    > > this:
    > >
    > > command1 parameters
    > > command2 parameters
    > > command1000 parameters
    > >

    > > ex.
    > >
    > > RUNQRY QRYFILE((filename)) RCDSLT(*yes/*no) etc etc etc
    > >

    > > I see everywhere the command list, but no parameters.
    > >
    > > i need this since I'm building a nice ajax auto-complete as/400 command
    > > reference software.

    > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iserie...bam6clmain.htm

  2. Re: as400 command parameters reference

    f3l wrote:
    > thanks for the help
    > I was hoping for a text file, with a simple format, that could be
    > parsed, but I guess I'll have to do some work by myself...
    >
    > gb wrote:
    >> "f3l" wrote in message
    >> news:1161366977.023036.155140@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    >>> I would like to know if anyone's got an as/400 command reference like
    >>> this:
    >>>
    >>> command1 parameters
    >>> command2 parameters
    >>> command1000 parameters
    >>>

    >>> ex.
    >>>
    >>> RUNQRY QRYFILE((filename)) RCDSLT(*yes/*no) etc etc etc
    >>>

    >>> I see everywhere the command list, but no parameters.
    >>>
    >>> i need this since I'm building a nice ajax auto-complete as/400 command
    >>> reference software.

    >> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iserie...bam6clmain.htm

    Another aspect to consider re a "simple" text file: sometimes parameters
    for a given command are mutually exclusive, or (for example) parm B is
    only valid when a specific value is given for parm A. So a command may
    need multiple entries in a text file to show the various valid forms.

    Also some commands are only valid in certain environments, eg
    interactive or in a CL program.

    --
    Karl Hanson

  3. Re: as400 command parameters reference

    I dont get it. You want to do a project and fear to do some work? ;-)
    And... i think, the auto-completor F4 is not too bad...

    -h

    "f3l" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:1161378395.362301.38290@i3g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com...
    > thanks for the help
    > I was hoping for a text file, with a simple format, that could be
    > parsed, but I guess I'll have to do some work by myself...

    > > > i need this since I'm building a nice ajax auto-complete as/400

    command
    > > > reference software.

  4. Re: as400 command parameters reference

    "Holger Scherer" writes:

    > I dont get it. You want to do a project and fear to do some work? ;-)
    > And... i think, the auto-completor F4 is not too bad...

    I believe the Java Toolbox has functionality to read the same
    information as provided by F4.
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

+ Reply to Thread