I have been trying to get net-snmp working on a HPUX box for over a week now. I do not think it should be this difficult. I must be missing a step. this morning I tried once again and now not even the native HPUX agent is working so I have no SNMP monitoring. So here is where I am at. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

I stopped the HPUX agent
/sbin/init.d/SnmpFddi4 stop
/sbin/init.d/SnmpHpunix stop
/sbin/init.d/SnmpMaster stop
/sbin/init.d/SnmpMib2 stop
/sbin/init.d/SnmpTrpDst stop

I then installed the net-snmp client via the fallowing command

cd /
gzip -cd /tmp/net-snmp-5.4-1-HP-UX_B.11.11_9000_800.tar.gz | tar xvf -

I then created an snmpd.conf file
Create the file /usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd.conf
with the fallowing lines

rocommunity public

Finally I started the net-snmp agent via
/usr/local/sbin/snmpd

Then I started the HPUX Agent
/sbin/init.d/SnmpFddi4 start
/sbin/init.d/SnmpHpunix start
/sbin/init.d/SnmpMaster start
/sbin/init.d/SnmpMib2 start
/sbin/init.d/SnmpTrpDst start

Before I did all this I was getting snmp monitoring via the native HPUX client but it was not giving me CPU and Memory information that is why I tried to install the net-snmp client. However now I am getting nothing what so ever.

HELP ultimately I would like to have HPUX-SNMP Agent and then the net-snmp agent running as well.
HPUX-Agent Port 161
Net-Agent Port 163

One other note I am running HPUX V11.11

Pleae note I am very new to HPUX so my knowledge is limited here.