System calls related to utility machinfo - HP UX

This is a discussion on System calls related to utility machinfo - HP UX ; HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 Utility machinfo produces a lot of useful information. For instance, Cache info (per core): L1 Instruction: size = 16 KB, associativity = 4 L1 Data: size = 16 KB, associativity = 4 L2 Instruction: size = ...

  1. System calls related to utility machinfo

    HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64

    Utility machinfo produces a lot of useful information. For instance,

    Cache info (per core):
    L1 Instruction: size = 16 KB, associativity = 4
    L1 Data: size = 16 KB, associativity = 4
    L2 Instruction: size = 1024 KB, associativity = 8
    L2 Data: size = 256 KB, associativity = 8
    L3 Unified: size = 12288 KB, associativity = 12

    Are there any related system calls that enable to the same information
    within C/C++ program?

    Alex Vinokur

  2. Re: System calls related to utility machinfo

    Alex Vinokur wrote:
    > HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64
    >
    > Utility machinfo produces a lot of useful information. For instance,
    >
    > Cache info (per core):
    > L1 Instruction: size = 16 KB, associativity = 4
    > L1 Data: size = 16 KB, associativity = 4
    > L2 Instruction: size = 1024 KB, associativity = 8
    > L2 Data: size = 256 KB, associativity = 8
    > L3 Unified: size = 12288 KB, associativity = 12
    >
    > Are there any related system calls that enable to the same information
    > within C/C++ program?

    There's no supported interface to get this on v2, no.

    v3 and later added this to the pst_processor structure returned from
    pstat_getprocessor() but I see no signs of a backport of that.

    Don
    --
    kernel, n:
    A part of an operating system that preserves the medieval traditions

+ Reply to Thread