/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libgtk-x11-2.0.so' - HP UX

This is a discussion on /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libgtk-x11-2.0.so' - HP UX ; # vim -g /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libpangocairo-1.0.so'. # find / -name "libpangocairo*.so" # # uname -a HP-UX hp1 B.11.31 U ia64 1605627445 unlimited-user license How to get libpangocairo-1.0.so?...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libgtk-x11-2.0.so'

  1. /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libgtk-x11-2.0.so'

    # vim -g
    /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libpangocairo-1.0.so'.

    # find / -name "libpangocairo*.so"
    #
    # uname -a
    HP-UX hp1 B.11.31 U ia64 1605627445 unlimited-user license

    How to get libpangocairo-1.0.so?



  2. Re: /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libgtk-x11-2.0.so'

    TsanChung wrote:
    > # vim -g
    > /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libpangocairo-1.0.so'.


    > # find / -name "libpangocairo*.so"
    > #
    > # uname -a
    > HP-UX hp1 B.11.31 U ia64 1605627445 unlimited-user license


    > How to get libpangocairo-1.0.so?


    That library is not IIRC part of a standard OS load. I'm also not
    sure that vim is part of a standard OS load either? From whence did
    you get those bits? If they have a dependency on the missing library,
    that location should mention it in the docs etc...

    Anyhow, if it isn't part of the Internet Express stuff from HP you
    could try looking at hpux.connect.org.uk or one of its mirror sites.

    rick jones
    --
    oxymoron n, Hummer H2 with California Save Our Coasts and Oceans plates
    these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway...
    feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com but NOT BOTH...

  3. Re: /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library'libgtk-x11-2.0.so'

    On Aug 7, 5:49*pm, Rick Jones wrote:
    > TsanChung wrote:
    > > # vim -g
    > > /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libpangocairo-1.0.so'.
    > > # find / -name "libpangocairo*.so"
    > > #
    > > # uname -a
    > > HP-UX hp1 B.11.31 U ia64 1605627445 unlimited-user license
    > > How to get libpangocairo-1.0.so?

    >
    > That library is not IIRC part of a standard OS load. *I'm also not
    > sure that vim is part of a standard OS load either? *From whence did
    > you get those bits? *If they have a dependency on the missing library,
    > that location should mention it in the docs etc...


    >
    > Anyhow, if it isn't part of the Internet Express stuff from HP you
    > could try looking at hpux.connect.org.uk or one of its mirror sites.
    >
    > rick jones
    > --
    > oxymoron n, Hummer H2 with California Save Our Coasts and Oceans plates
    > these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway...
    > feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com but NOT BOTH...


    I got vim from hpux.connect.org.uk.
    vim-7.1
    Description not available
    Description:
    Build-time dependencies: atk cairo expat fontconfig freetype gettext
    glib2 gtk+2 jpeg libXft libXrender libiconv libpng ncurses pango
    pixman tiff zlib
    Run-time dependencies: atk gettext libiconv glib2 cairo expat
    fontconfig freetype zlib libXrender libpng pixman gtk+2 jpeg libXft
    pango tiff ncurses
    Documentation: Installation Man Page

    I do not find "libpangocairo" and "pangocairo" on hpux.connect.org.uk
    However, I find "pango" and "cairo" as follows, do I install both?
    pango-1.20.5
    A library for layout and rendering of text
    Description: With an emphasis on internationalization, pango can be
    used anywhere that text layout is needed and it forms the core of text
    and font handling for GTK+2.
    Author: Owen Taylor
    Home URL: http://www.pango.org/
    License: GNU Library Public License v2.1
    Installation Tree: /usr/local
    Languages used: C
    Build-time dependencies: cairo expat fontconfig freetype gettext
    glib2 libXft libXrender libiconv libpng make pixman renderproto zlib
    Run-time dependencies: cairo expat fontconfig freetype gettext glib2
    libXft libXrender libiconv libpng pixman zlib
    Other Versions: 1.20.3
    Documentation: Installation README Man Page

    cairo-1.6.4
    Multi-platform 2D graphics library
    Description: Supports multiple output devices including the X Window
    System, win32 and image buffers. Experimental backends include
    PostScript and PDF file output.
    Author: Keith Packard
    Home URL: http://cairographics.org/
    License: GNU Library Public License v2.1
    Installation Tree: /usr/local
    Languages used: C
    Build-time dependencies: expat fontconfig freetype gettext libXrender
    libiconv libpng make pixman renderproto zlib
    Run-time dependencies: expat fontconfig freetype gettext libXrender
    libiconv libpng pixman zlib
    Documentation: Installation README



  4. Re: /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library ?'libgtk-x11-2.0.so'

    TsanChung wrote:
    > I got vim from hpux.connect.org.uk.
    > vim-7.1
    > Description not available
    > Description:
    > Build-time dependencies: atk cairo expat fontconfig freetype gettext
    > glib2 gtk+2 jpeg libXft libXrender libiconv libpng ncurses pango
    > pixman tiff zlib
    > Run-time dependencies: atk gettext libiconv glib2 cairo expat
    > fontconfig freetype zlib libXrender libpng pixman gtk+2 jpeg libXft
    > pango tiff ncurses
    > Documentation: Installation Man Page


    Silly question, but you _did_ install all 18 listed dependencies right?

    > I do not find "libpangocairo" and "pangocairo" on hpux.connect.org.uk
    > However, I find "pango" and "cairo" as follows, do I install both?


    I guess your question implies that you did not install all 18 listed
    dependencies. You should have already installed both, and the other
    16, based on the Run-time dependencies hpux.connect.org.uk was showing
    you for vim

    rick jones
    --
    firebug n, the idiot who tosses a lit cigarette out his car window
    these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway...
    feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com but NOT BOTH...

  5. Re: /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library?'libgtk-x11-2.0.so'

    On Aug 8, 2:11*pm, Rick Jones wrote:
    > TsanChung wrote:
    > > I got vim from hpux.connect.org.uk.
    > > vim-7.1
    > > Description not available
    > > Description:
    > > Build-time dependencies: * * * *atk cairo expat fontconfig freetype gettext
    > > glib2 gtk+2 jpeg libXft libXrender libiconv libpng ncurses pango
    > > pixman tiff zlib
    > > Run-time dependencies: *atk gettext libiconv glib2 cairo expat
    > > fontconfig freetype zlib libXrender libpng pixman gtk+2 jpeg libXft
    > > pango tiff ncurses
    > > Documentation: *Installation Man Page

    >
    > Silly question, but you _did_ install all 18 listed dependencies right?
    >
    > > I do not find *"libpangocairo" and "pangocairo" on hpux.connect.org.uk
    > > However, I find "pango" and "cairo" as follows, do I install both?

    >
    > I guess your question implies that you did not install all 18 listed
    > dependencies. *You should have already installed both, and the other
    > 16, based on the Run-time dependencies hpux.connect.org.uk was showing
    > you for vim
    >
    > rick jones
    > --
    > firebug n, the idiot who tosses a lit cigarette out his car window
    > these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway...
    > feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com but NOT BOTH...


    Is there one command (similar to the linux "yum install" command) to
    install all 18 listed dependencies?

  6. Re: /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library ?'libgtk-x11-2.0.so'

    TsanChung wrote:
    > Is there one command (similar to the linux "yum install" command) to
    > install all 18 listed dependencies?


    Well, run swinstall 18 times. :-)
    You can use swcopy 18 times to make a big depot, then use swinstall to
    install that big depot.

  7. Re: /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library?'libgtk-x11-2.0.so'

    On Aug 13, 4:45*am, Dennis Handly wrote:
    > TsanChung wrote:
    > > Is there one command (similar to the linux "yum install" command) to
    > > install all 18 listed dependencies?

    >
    > Well, run swinstall 18 times. *:-)
    > You can use swcopy 18 times to make a big depot, then use swinstall to
    > install that big depot.


    Hi,
    I am getting the same error as well when trying to install wireshark
    on HP-UX

    /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libpangocairo-1.0.so'

    I installed all the dependencies listed on
    http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux...reshark-1.0.2/
    for wireshark.
    Also did a search for the library libpangocairo-1.0.so on the web but
    I am getting only Linux versions. I also searched the HP software
    centre and hpux.connect.org.uk for this particular library but I am
    not getting this one at all.

    Can you please advise where I can find this library.

  8. Re: /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library ??'libgtk-x11-2.0.so'

    Jeffrey wrote:
    > On Aug 13, 4:45?am, Dennis Handly wrote:
    > > TsanChung wrote:
    > > > Is there one command (similar to the linux "yum install" command) to
    > > > install all 18 listed dependencies?

    > >
    > > Well, run swinstall 18 times. ?:-)
    > > You can use swcopy 18 times to make a big depot, then use swinstall to
    > > install that big depot.


    Or put the swcopy into a loop in the shell... which is what I do from
    time to time.

    > Hi, I am getting the same error as well when trying to install
    > wireshark on HP-UX


    > /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libpangocairo-1.0.so'


    > I installed all the dependencies listed on
    > http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux...reshark-1.0.2/
    > for wireshark.


    Did you drill-down on each of those dependencies to make sure that
    _their_ dependencies were installed? I'm not sure if the librarians
    at hpux.connect.org.uk bubble-up all the dependencies or not.

    > Also did a search for the library libpangocairo-1.0.so on the web
    > but I am getting only Linux versions. I also searched the HP
    > software centre and hpux.connect.org.uk for this particular library
    > but I am not getting this one at all.


    > Can you please advise where I can find this library.


    I think the best thing presently would be to email the
    hpux.connect.org.uk librarian(s). It is beginning to sound like
    perhaps there is a slight problem with one of the packages on the
    site.

    rick jones
    --
    oxymoron n, Hummer H2 with California Save Our Coasts and Oceans plates
    these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway...
    feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com but NOT BOTH...

+ Reply to Thread