'B' Class Workstation CD-ROM Question - HP UX

This is a discussion on 'B' Class Workstation CD-ROM Question - HP UX ; Can anyone tell me if the Toshiba XM-5401TA and XM-5401B CD ROM drives are interchangeable on a 'B' class workstation running HP-UX? Has anyone actually used both? And if so do the jumpers need to be set differently? They appear ...

  1. 'B' Class Workstation CD-ROM Question

    Can anyone tell me if the Toshiba XM-5401TA and XM-5401B CD ROM drives
    are interchangeable on a 'B' class workstation running HP-UX?

    Has anyone actually used both? And if so do the jumpers need to be
    set differently?

    They appear to have the same interface (50-pin) and both S.E. SCSI.

    I am asking because I know HP firmware/drivers may be a little picky.

    Thanks

  2. Re: 'B' Class Workstation CD-ROM Question

    * Ken_Old_Unix_Guy:

    > Can anyone tell me if the Toshiba XM-5401TA and XM-5401B CD ROM drives
    > are interchangeable on a 'B' class workstation running HP-UX?

    Yes.

    > Has anyone actually used both? And if so do the jumpers need to be
    > set differently?

    No. Just make sure the SCSI ID doesn't conflict with anything else on
    the bus.

    > They appear to have the same interface (50-pin) and both S.E. SCSI.
    >
    > I am asking because I know HP firmware/drivers may be a little picky.

    It isn't. It works with basically every standard SCSI CDROM or DVDROM
    out there that follows the SCSI specs.

    Benjamin

  3. Re: 'B' Class Workstation CD-ROM Question

    On Aug 4, 1:35*am, Benjamin Gawert wrote:
    > * Ken_Old_Unix_Guy:
    >
    > > Can anyone tell me if the Toshiba XM-5401TA and XM-5401B CD ROM drives
    > > are interchangeable on a 'B' class workstation running HP-UX?

    > Yes.
    >
    > > Has anyone actually used both? *And if so do the jumpers need to be
    > > set differently?

    > No. Just make sure the SCSI ID doesn't conflict with anything else on
    > the bus.
    >
    > > They appear to have the same interface (50-pin) and both S.E. SCSI.

    > > I am asking because I know HP firmware/drivers may be a little picky.

    > It isn't. It works with basically every standard SCSI CDROM or DVDROM
    > out there that follows the SCSI specs.
    >
    > Benjamin

    Thank you for your quick response.

    Ken