Q: swapackage & PSF: tips and tricks anybody? - HP UX

This is a discussion on Q: swapackage & PSF: tips and tricks anybody? - HP UX ; Hello, can anybody supply a template for a software package that is a "patch type"? For example if I want to make a package that patches root's profile, how would I specify the requirements, and how would I apply a ...

  1. Q: swapackage & PSF: tips and tricks anybody?

    Hello,

    can anybody supply a template for a software package that is a "patch type"?

    For example if I want to make a package that patches root's profile, how would
    I specify the requirements, and how would I apply a patch (instead of just
    replacing the existing file)?

    Also how would I make swverify happy after that?

    Finally if I want to use "~root" instead of a hardwired "/", how would I make
    swverify happy?

    Regards,
    Ulrich

  2. Re: Q: swapackage & PSF: tips and tricks anybody?

    Ulrich Windl wrote:
    > can anybody supply a template for a software package that is a "patch type"?

    When we make patches, we have a magic tool that does that for us. :-)

    > For example if I want to make a package that patches root's profile, how would
    > I specify the requirements, and how would I apply a patch (instead of just
    > replacing the existing file)?

    HP patches replace complete files. Anything else is not a patch for SD.

    > Also how would I make swverify happy after that?

    Using swmodify -u will update the IPD.

    > Finally if I want to use "~root" instead of a hardwired "/", how would I make
    > swverify happy?

    Again, you can't do that. The IPD has an absolute path.

    Basically it seems what you want is just a control script that changes
    files. (Unfortunately you must supply at least one file in a fileset.)

    In your control script you can do what you want, then use swmodify -u to
    make swverify happy.

+ Reply to Thread