11.31: CIM_server start: Problem with umask - HP UX

This is a discussion on 11.31: CIM_server start: Problem with umask - HP UX ; Hi, Stopping and starting the cim_server (/sbin/init.d/cim_server) shows a problem with /var/opt/wbem/cimserver_current.conf: The start script complains that the file cannot be read. Looking at it, it belongs to root with no read permissions for others. After a corresponding "chmod o+r", ...

  1. 11.31: CIM_server start: Problem with umask

    Hi,

    Stopping and starting the cim_server (/sbin/init.d/cim_server) shows a problem
    with /var/opt/wbem/cimserver_current.conf: The start script complains that the
    file cannot be read. Looking at it, it belongs to root with no read
    permissions for others. After a corresponding "chmod o+r", startup works.
    Here the umask is 027 for root, and I'm surprised that HP-UX relies on a more
    loose umask.

    The version is WBEM 2.07 (CIM 0803)...

    Regards,
    Ulrich

  2. Re: 11.31: CIM_server start: Problem with umask

    Ulrich Windl wrote:
    > Stopping and starting the cim_server (/sbin/init.d/cim_server) shows a problem
    > with /var/opt/wbem/cimserver_current.conf: The start script complains that the
    > file cannot be read. Looking at it, it belongs to root with no read
    > permissions for others.

    Are you root when you do cim_server?

    > After a corresponding "chmod o+r", startup works.

    That cimserver_current.conf is readable for all on my systems. Not sure
    if it's because of umask?

  3. Re: 11.31: CIM_server start: Problem with umask

    Dennis Handly writes:

    > Ulrich Windl wrote:
    >> Stopping and starting the cim_server (/sbin/init.d/cim_server) shows a problem
    >> with /var/opt/wbem/cimserver_current.conf: The start script complains that the
    >> file cannot be read. Looking at it, it belongs to root with no read
    >> permissions for others.

    > Are you root when you do cim_server?

    I was root when I started the script. The user being effective seems to be
    "cimsrvr".

    >> After a corresponding "chmod o+r", startup works.

    > That cimserver_current.conf is readable for all on my systems. Not sure if
    > it's because of umask?

    Did you try stopping and starting the cim_server with your umask effective?
    I guess the file is not rewritten, but re-created.

    Regards,
    Ulrich

  4. Re: 11.31: CIM_server start: Problem with umask

    Ulrich Windl wrote:
    > Did you try stopping and starting the cim_server with your umask effective?
    > I guess the file is not rewritten, but re-created.

    No. But now when I did it, it doesn't change the permissions on 11.23
    but works as you said on 11.31.

+ Reply to Thread