Software quiz ;-) - HP UX

This is a discussion on Software quiz ;-) - HP UX ; Hello, I have a small software quiz: Q: Which expensive software outputs numeric error codes instead of text messages? A: HP CommandView for EVA. (HP says the messages that fill up the event log are not intended for the user. ...

  1. Software quiz ;-)

    Hello,

    I have a small software quiz:

    Q: Which expensive software outputs numeric error codes instead of text
    messages?
    A: HP CommandView for EVA. (HP says the messages that fill up the event log
    are not intended for the user. Well then, why must I see those if I cannot
    make any sense of those. After all: Who did pay for the software, HP or I?)

    Q: Which software creates X.509 certificates that Firefox 3.0 and Microsoft
    Internet Explorer 7.0 won't accept?
    A: HP CommandView 8.0 for EVA (The CN has do domain attached, and the
    certificate is self-signed)

    Q: Which software uses incorrect cascading style sheets (CSS)?
    A: HP CommandView 8.0 for EVA (See your Firefox Error Console)

    Q: Which software uses '9' in an octal number?
    A: HP CommandView 8.0 for EVA (in JavaScript)

    Q: Which software is so free of bugs that there are no patches or updates
    available?
    A: HP CommandView 8.0 for EVA (Version 7.0 was followed by version 8.0)

    Q: WHich software is no longer maintained, even when under maintenance?
    A: HP CommandView 8.0 for VA (some certificates expired over a year from now)

    Q: Are you bored already?
    A: I hope you are!

    OK, I have some details also:
    About CSS bugs:
    a) MIME type "text/html" is used for scripts/NsaStyles.css, although
    "text/css" is correct

    b) Line 36 of mentioned CSS file uses "color=#ffffff;", but ':' is needed
    instead of '='

    c) In line 51 that CSS file uses "visibility: show", but there is no value
    named "show" in CSS2 specification. (Allowed values are: visible | hidden |
    collapse | inherit

    About the '9' in octal constants (I wonder who did software verification at
    HP):

    (The Art of programming, I'll better shut up now...)

    Enjoy,
    Ulrich

  2. Re: Software quiz ;-)

    Ulrich Windl wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a small software quiz:
    >
    > Q: Which expensive software outputs numeric error codes instead of text
    > messages?
    > A: HP CommandView for EVA. (HP says the messages that fill up the event log
    > are not intended for the user. Well then, why must I see those if I cannot
    > make any sense of those. After all: Who did pay for the software, HP or I?)
    >
    > Q: Which software creates X.509 certificates that Firefox 3.0 and Microsoft
    > Internet Explorer 7.0 won't accept?
    > A: HP CommandView 8.0 for EVA (The CN has do domain attached, and the
    > certificate is self-signed)
    >
    > Q: Which software uses incorrect cascading style sheets (CSS)?
    > A: HP CommandView 8.0 for EVA (See your Firefox Error Console)
    >
    > Q: Which software uses '9' in an octal number?
    > A: HP CommandView 8.0 for EVA (in JavaScript)
    >
    > Q: Which software is so free of bugs that there are no patches or updates
    > available?
    > A: HP CommandView 8.0 for EVA (Version 7.0 was followed by version 8.0)
    >
    > Q: WHich software is no longer maintained, even when under maintenance?
    > A: HP CommandView 8.0 for VA (some certificates expired over a year from now)
    >
    > Q: Are you bored already?
    > A: I hope you are!
    >
    > OK, I have some details also:
    > About CSS bugs:
    > a) MIME type "text/html" is used for scripts/NsaStyles.css, although
    > "text/css" is correct
    >
    > b) Line 36 of mentioned CSS file uses "color=#ffffff;", but ':' is needed
    > instead of '='
    >
    > c) In line 51 that CSS file uses "visibility: show", but there is no value
    > named "show" in CSS2 specification. (Allowed values are: visible | hidden |
    > collapse | inherit
    >
    > About the '9' in octal constants (I wonder who did software verification at
    > HP):
    >

    > (The Art of programming, I'll better shut up now...)
    >
    > Enjoy,
    > Ulrich

    I am amused - and not amused.

    --