VG mirroring - HP UX

This is a discussion on VG mirroring - HP UX ; Hi, my company purchased a new storage array, and i need to migrate data from the old array to the new one. i'd like to know if there is a way to migrate the data online, with host-based mirroring. can ...

  1. VG mirroring

    Hi,
    my company purchased a new storage array, and i need to migrate data
    from the old array to the new one.
    i'd like to know if there is a way to migrate the data online, with
    host-based mirroring.
    can i add a new volume or set of volumes to an existing volume group,
    perform a mirror and disconnect the old volumes without downtime?

    instructions will be very appreciated.
    thanks,
    yaron

  2. Re: VG mirroring

    "pomikister" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > my company purchased a new storage array, and i need to migrate data
    > from the old array to the new one.
    > i'd like to know if there is a way to migrate the data online, with
    > host-based mirroring.
    > can i add a new volume or set of volumes to an existing volume group,
    > perform a mirror and disconnect the old volumes without downtime?
    >
    > instructions will be very appreciated.
    > thanks,
    > yaron

    Short answer, yes provided you are not trying to move the boot disks. (And
    also assuming you have a license for MirrorDisk-UX, or an OE that includes
    it.)

+ Reply to Thread