Gigabit Network Card for C3700 machine - HP UX

This is a discussion on Gigabit Network Card for C3700 machine - HP UX ; Does anything exist for 11.11 which is affordable? Whats about the "Syskonnect 9D21"? I heard that Syskonnect has some cards that are supported but can't find exact information which one will work....

  1. Gigabit Network Card for C3700 machine

    Does anything exist for 11.11 which is affordable?

    Whats about the "Syskonnect 9D21"?
    I heard that Syskonnect has some cards that are supported but can't
    find exact information which one will work.

  2. Re: Gigabit Network Card for C3700 machine

    wrote:

    > Does anything exist for 11.11 which is affordable?

    Syskonnect

    > Whats about the "Syskonnect 9D21"?

    SK-9821 V2.0

    > I heard that Syskonnect has some cards that are supported but can't
    > find exact information which one will work.

    ?

    <http://www.syskonnect.de/d_de/suppor...s.html?navanch
    or=10013&term=typ.treiber+bs.HP-UX+produkt.SK-9821V2.0&produkt=produkt.S
    K-9821V2.0&typ=typ.treiber&system=bs.HP-UX>

    Regards
    Götz
    --
    http://www.knubbelmac.de/

  3. Re: Gigabit Network Card for C3700 machine

    On 18 Jun., 00:56, use...@hoffart.de (Goetz Hoffart) wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Does anything exist for 11.11 which is affordable?

    > Syskonnect
    >
    > > Whats about the "Syskonnect 9D21"?

    > SK-9821 V2.0

    Well almost impossible to buy somewhere.

  4. Re: Gigabit Network Card for C3700 machine

    scholz.lothar@gmail.com wrote:
    > Does anything exist for 11.11 which is affordable?

    Affordable is a relative term - might be better to give a specific
    price limit.

    > Whats about the "Syskonnect 9D21"?
    > I heard that Syskonnect has some cards that are supported but can't
    > find exact information which one will work.

    I've heard that Syskonnect has had cards for which they provide HP-UX
    drivers. Didn't pay much attention to the specifics though. One of
    the older PCI/PCI-X GbE interfaces might be "affordable" second hand.

    A pseudo-random NIC however not only will not be "supported" but will
    likely not "work" unless that NIC's source also provides a driver as
    the HP-UX drivers will only claim the specific HP-branded NICs for
    which they were written. No matter how "close" that pseudo-random NIC
    might be to an HP-branded one.

    rick jones