Has anyone compiled HPUX::pstat under hpux 11.11 using aCC - HP UX

This is a discussion on Has anyone compiled HPUX::pstat under hpux 11.11 using aCC - HP UX ; when I do the "perl Makefile.PL" I get a makefile for gcc which doesn't build: cc1: error: unrecognized option '-Wdeclaration-after-statement' going into the Makefile to change gcc to aCC just creates more errors. $ gcc --version gcc (GCC) 3.3.2 To ...

  1. Has anyone compiled HPUX::pstat under hpux 11.11 using aCC

    when I do the "perl Makefile.PL" I get a makefile for gcc which doesn't
    build:

    cc1: error: unrecognized option '-Wdeclaration-after-statement'

    going into the Makefile to change gcc to aCC just creates more errors.

    $ gcc --version
    gcc (GCC) 3.3.2

    To compound matters our perl used to be located in /usr/local but was moved
    another directory path. Ironically, I wrote a pstat program some years ago
    (under
    HP-UX 10.20 that was later ported to 10.30 and 11.01) but I haven't gotten
    it
    to compile under 11.11 (haven't really had the time to play with it) and was
    hoping this
    would give me some of the same capability.

    BTW, can anyone explain why CPAN testers would try to test this very
    specific
    hpux module under Linux and Solaris? Is it just an automated submission
    process?
    HPUX is very peculiar in it's process table handling.

    TIA,

    Dan Mercer

  2. Re: Has anyone compiled HPUX::pstat under hpux 11.11 using aCC

    [f'ups set to clpm]

    Quoth "Dan Mercer" :
    > when I do the "perl Makefile.PL" I get a makefile for gcc which doesn't
    > build:
    >
    > cc1: error: unrecognized option '-Wdeclaration-after-statement'
    >
    > going into the Makefile to change gcc to aCC just creates more errors.

    You have to build perl modules with the same compiler used to build your
    perl.

    > $ gcc --version
    > gcc (GCC) 3.3.2

    If you have gcc why are you trying to build with aCC?

    > To compound matters our perl used to be located in /usr/local but was
    > moved to another directory path.

    That is a really bad idea. While it is possible to build perl so it's
    relocatable, it's unlikely your version was built that way.

    > BTW, can anyone explain why CPAN testers would try to test this very
    > specific hpux module under Linux and Solaris? Is it just an automated
    > submission process? HPUX is very peculiar in it's process table
    > handling.

    Yes, it's automated. CPAN testers test all new uploads. You can get NA
    reports instead of FAIL reports if you put something like

    $^O eq 'HP-UX' or die "OS unsupported";

    in your Makefile.PL (the exact message *is* important).

    Ben

    --
    "Faith has you at a disadvantage, Buffy."
    "'Cause I'm not crazy, or 'cause I don't kill people?"

+ Reply to Thread