need help to understand "CPU Util" number reported by glance - HP UX

This is a discussion on need help to understand "CPU Util" number reported by glance - HP UX ; Hi On a 4 CPU HP-UX (B.11.23) box when I type "glance", the "CPU Util (400% max)" column shows 2 numbers separated by "/", for example "1.5/0.4" or "0.0/0.3". For some processes the first number is equal to or bigger ...

  1. need help to understand "CPU Util" number reported by glance

    Hi

    On a 4 CPU HP-UX (B.11.23) box when I type "glance", the "CPU Util
    (400% max)" column shows 2 numbers separated by "/", for example
    "1.5/0.4" or "0.0/0.3". For some processes the first number is equal
    to or bigger than the second number while for other processes the
    first number is smaller.

    My question is - what do the first number and the second number mean?

    Thanks a lot in advance

  2. Re: need help to understand "CPU Util" number reported by glance

    newa wrote:
    > On a 4 CPU HP-UX (B.11.23) box when I type "glance", the "CPU Util
    > (400% max)" column shows 2 numbers separated by "/",
    > My question is - what do the first number and the second number mean?

    Using HELP mentions:

    * PROC_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL
    THREAD_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL
    * PROC_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL_CUM
    THREAD_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL_CUM

    These two may be what's separated by the "/"?

  3. Re: need help to understand "CPU Util" number reported by glance

    "Dennis Handly" wrote in message
    > newa wrote:
    >> On a 4 CPU HP-UX (B.11.23) box when I type "glance", the "CPU Util
    >> (400% max)" column shows 2 numbers separated by "/",
    >> My question is - what do the first number and the second number mean?

    > Using HELP mentions:
    >
    > * PROC_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL
    > THREAD_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL
    > * PROC_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL_CUM
    > THREAD_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL_CUM
    >
    > These two may be what's separated by the "/"?

    Or to put it in simpler terms, the number before the "/" is the
    instantaneous value (what was measured in the last 5 secs) while the number
    after the "/" is the cumulative or average value (since the process and/or
    Glance started, or since you pressed the 'z' key).

  4. Re: need help to understand "CPU Util" number reported by glance

    On Jun 6, 11:14 pm, Dennis Handly wrote:
    > newa wrote:
    > > On a 4 CPU HP-UX (B.11.23) box when I type "glance", the "CPU Util
    > > (400% max)" column shows 2 numbers separated by "/",
    > > My question is - what do the first number and the second number mean?

    > Using HELP mentions:
    >
    > * PROC_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL
    > THREAD_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL
    > * PROC_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL_CUM
    > THREAD_CPU_TOTAL_UTIL_CUM
    >
    > These two may be what's separated by the "/"?

    Thanks a lot for the help

+ Reply to Thread