Processor Activation on 11iv2 - HP UX

This is a discussion on Processor Activation on 11iv2 - HP UX ; Hi, I've got a J6700 running 11iv2 with two physical processors. SAM shows two processors total, but only one as active. What's the correct procedure to activate the second processor? I've searched around but haven't come up with anything substantial. ...

  1. Processor Activation on 11iv2

    Hi,

    I've got a J6700 running 11iv2 with two physical processors. SAM shows
    two processors total, but only one as active. What's the correct
    procedure to activate the second processor? I've searched around but
    haven't come up with anything substantial.

    Thanks in advance,

    -Thomas

  2. Re: Processor Activation on 11iv2

    twilliams@gmail.com wrote:
    > I've got a J6700 running 11iv2 with two physical processors. SAM shows
    > two processors total, but only one as active. What's the correct
    > procedure to activate the second processor? I've searched around but
    > haven't come up with anything substantial.

    If my dimm memory plus some quick web searching (disable processor
    j6700) are correct, when you reboot you should be able to get to a
    configuration menu where one can (IIRC) enable and disable processors
    via firmware.

    rick jones