where can i detailed file format information about PA RISC 2.0 - HP UX

This is a discussion on where can i detailed file format information about PA RISC 2.0 - HP UX ; Hi, I am looking for a detailed description of the file headers and structures of PA RISC 2.0 files. Also, does libbfd has support for HP-UX ?? Thanks, Sandeep....

  1. where can i detailed file format information about PA RISC 2.0

    Hi,
    I am looking for a detailed description of the file headers and
    structures of PA RISC 2.0 files.
    Also, does libbfd has support for HP-UX ??

    Thanks,
    Sandeep.

  2. Re: where can i detailed file format information about PA RISC 2.0

    SandeepKsinha writes:

    > I am looking for a detailed description of the file headers and
    > structures of PA RISC 2.0 files.

    There are 32 and 64-bit object file formats.

    The 64-bit formats are ELF, and widely documented.
    For 32-bit formats (SOM), start at /usr/include/filehdr.h,
    aouthdr.h, etc.

    > Also, does libbfd has support for HP-UX ??

    Yes, it does.

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  3. Re: where can i detailed file format information about PA RISC 2.0

    SandeepKsinha wrote:
    > I am looking for a detailed description of the file headers and
    > structures of PA RISC 2.0 files.

    You can use google to find the PA runtime architecture documents:
    PA-RISC 64-Bit Runtime Architecture Supplement
    http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...00275d6e10RCRD

    References & Manuals
    http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...00275d6e10RCRD

    Summary of Changes for PA-RISC 2.0W (Wide Mode, 64-bit)
    http://docs.hp.com/en/92432-90012/ch01s03.html

+ Reply to Thread