    Can you provide the pointers to understand HP UX file system hearchie
    for HPUX

  2. Re: what does /stand contains

    On 2008-04-29, Pushkaraj wrote:
    > I am new to hp-ux but, though after doing lots of googling I cant
    > found a doc explaining filesystem like - http://tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/html/
    > Can you provide the pointers to understand HP UX file system hearchie
    > for HPUX

    man hier

  3. Re: what does /stand contains

    Pushkaraj wrote:
    > Can you provide the pointers to understand HP-UX file system hierarchy
    > for HP-UX

    Robin's hier(5) suggestion doesn't say much about /stand:
    Standalone binaries and kernel configuration files.

    Did you really want more about /stand?

  4. Re: what does /stand contains

    No, I was looking into how to make golden image, with make_sys_image.
    In that I came to know that it skips- /stand; was not sure what this
    contains.
    thanks for the help.

  5. Re: what does /stand contains

    Pushkaraj wrote:
    > /stand; was not sure what this contains.

    Basically /stand contains the kernel and DLKMs. And possibly the
    previous version.

  6. Re: what does /stand contains

    Pushkaraj writes:

    > I am new to hp-ux but, though after doing lots of googling I cant
    > found a doc explaining filesystem like - http://tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/html/
    > Can you provide the pointers to understand HP UX file system hearchie
    > for HPUX

    Maybe for Linux users, the easierst explanation is that HP-UX /stand
    corresponds to Linux /boot: The filesystem has spacial requirements to be
    booted from, and it contains everything the kernel needs to come up
    (i.e. kernel + modules + configuration information, etc.)

    Ulrich

  7. Re: what does /stand contains

    Thanks, Ulrich.

+ Reply to Thread