Start secure shell on HP-UX B.11.11 - HP UX

This is a discussion on Start secure shell on HP-UX B.11.11 - HP UX ; Quick question from a nube, I just need to enable ssh, on HP-UX B.11.11. Does anyone know how to do this? Much appreciated. Bryan...

  1. Start secure shell on HP-UX B.11.11

    Quick question from a nube,
    I just need to enable ssh, on HP-UX B.11.11. Does anyone know how to
    do this? Much appreciated. Bryan

  2. Re: Start secure shell on HP-UX B.11.11

    "Bryan" ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Quick question from a nube,
    > I just need to enable ssh, on HP-UX B.11.11. Does anyone know how to
    > do this? Much appreciated. Bryan

    Hi Bryan,
    have you installed hpux depot for ssh (hpux secure shell product T1471AA) or
    openssh?
    In case of T1471AA (free download from software.hp.com) after installation
    ssh is enable as default (no reboot require).
    I don t know how openssh work exactly, but you can try with
    /sbin/init.d/secsh {start|stop} to start | stop ssh.

    Hope this help you.
    Antonio

  3. Re: Start secure shell on HP-UX B.11.11

    On Apr 21, 2:24*pm, "Antonio" wrote:
    > "Bryan" ha scritto nel messaggionews:013de783-1551-4126-8c4b-15717422477c@q24g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
    >
    > > Quick question from a nube,
    > > I just need to enable ssh, on HP-UX B.11.11. *Does anyone know how to
    > > do this? *Much appreciated. *Bryan

    > Hi Bryan,
    > have you installed hpux depot for ssh (hpux secure shell product T1471AA) or
    > openssh?
    > In case of T1471AA (free download from software.hp.com) after installation
    > ssh is enable as default (no reboot require).
    > I don t know how openssh work exactly, but you can try with
    > /sbin/init.d/secsh {start|stop} to start | stop ssh.
    >
    > Hope this help you.
    > Antonio

    Question: I am able to frp tp ftp.hp.com and ftp.itrc.hp.com, but I
    am unable to find the T1471AA that I am looking for. The reason for
    this is each time I download the file, the OS is not able to see the
    file as a .depot file. Any suggestions?

  4. Re: Start secure shell on HP-UX B.11.11

    > > In case of T1471AA (free download from software.hp.com) after

    > Question: I am able to frp tp ftp.hp.com and ftp.itrc.hp.com, but I
    > am unable to find the T1471AA that I am looking for. The reason for
    > this is each time I download the file, the OS is not able to see the
    > file as a .depot file. Any suggestions?

    Are you downloading directly to the system onto which it will be
    installed, or are you downloading to say a Windows client first? If
    downloading to Windows, are you making sure to set the transfer type
    to binary?

    If downloaded via software.hp.com there should be some installation
    instructions showing how to use swinstall to install the software.

    rick jones

  5. Re: Start secure shell on HP-UX B.11.11

    "Rick Jones" wrote in message
    >> > In case of T1471AA (free download from software.hp.com) after

    >> Question: I am able to frp tp ftp.hp.com and ftp.itrc.hp.com, but I
    >> am unable to find the T1471AA that I am looking for. The reason for
    >> this is each time I download the file, the OS is not able to see the
    >> file as a .depot file. Any suggestions?

    > Are you downloading directly to the system onto which it will be
    > installed, or are you downloading to say a Windows client first? If
    > downloading to Windows, are you making sure to set the transfer type
    > to binary?
    >
    > If downloaded via software.hp.com there should be some installation
    > instructions showing how to use swinstall to install the software.

    I would guess that the file you downloaded is a "shell archive" file. You
    need to execute (run using the posix shell) to get it to unpack. Think of it
    like a self-extracting zip file.