C360 11i installation problem - HP UX

This is a discussion on C360 11i installation problem - HP UX ; While trying to install 11i on my c360 the system locks shortly after booting the CD. I did not get the keyboard layout selection screen. similar effect while trying to boot 10.20 media. The machine has 3GB RAM, a 18GB ...

  1. C360 11i installation problem

    While trying to install 11i on my c360 the system locks shortly after
    booting the CD.
    I did not get the keyboard layout selection screen.
    similar effect while trying to boot 10.20 media.
    The machine has 3GB RAM, a 18GB Seagate FW and an Ultraplex 32 installed.
    Swapping the complete drive tray to a c240 works as well
    as booting the c360 from the c240 HDD.
    For this reason I believe the Hardware is O.K.

    Any idea for what reason the c360 refuses to install?

    Gereon

  2. Re: C360 11i installation problem

    Gereon Weenzel wrote:
    > While trying to install 11i on my c360 the system locks shortly
    > after booting the CD.

    Which 11i? There are three basic versions of 11i - v1 (11.11) v2
    (11.23) and v3 (11.31) out there these days, along with the various
    intermeidate versions of same.

    > I did not get the keyboard layout selection screen.
    > similar effect while trying to boot 10.20 media.
    > The machine has 3GB RAM, a 18GB Seagate FW and an Ultraplex 32 installed.
    > Swapping the complete drive tray to a c240 works as well
    > as booting the c360 from the c240 HDD.

    What OS was on the c240's HDDs?

    My first guess would be that you've got OS bits far enough past those
    which last officially supported the C360 that has gone from "not
    supported" to "doesn't work."

    Supported, known to work -> warm fuzzies all around
    Supported, not known to not work -> an HPite may be in trouble
    Supported, known to not work -> an HPite is in trouble
    Unsupported, known to work -> lucky today, unlucky tomorrow?
    Unsupported, not known to not work -> there but for the grace of Turing
    Unsupported, known to not work -> no, it was not deliberate ;-)

  3. Re: C360 11i installation problem

    Rick Jones wrote:
    > Gereon Weenzel wrote:
    >> While trying to install 11i on my c360 the system locks shortly
    >> after booting the CD.

    > Which 11i? There are three basic versions of 11i - v1 (11.11)

    There is only one for PA workstations, 11.11.
    The C360 was supported on Mar 2003 & Dec 2004 on 11.11. It is listed as
    unsupported in Sep 2005.
    http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-2805/ch02s04.html

+ Reply to Thread