Extend Physical Extents on unused area of a Disk - HP UX

This is a discussion on Extend Physical Extents on unused area of a Disk - HP UX ; I've a 18GB hard drive in B132L+ (HP-UX 10.20), but only 4GB is used by pvdisplay. It came from image backup of 4GB drive by g4u utility. Is it available to extend PE for unused area by hp-ux commands in ...

  1. Extend Physical Extents on unused area of a Disk

    I've a 18GB hard drive in B132L+ (HP-UX 10.20),
    but only 4GB is used by pvdisplay.
    It came from image backup of 4GB drive by g4u utility.
    Is it available to extend PE for unused area by hp-ux commands in
    working status.

    Thanks, KIm

  2. Re: Extend Physical Extents on unused area of a Disk

    In article ,
    Kim Heui Jung writes:
    > I've a 18GB hard drive in B132L+ (HP-UX 10.20),
    > but only 4GB is used by pvdisplay.
    > It came from image backup of 4GB drive by g4u utility.
    > Is it available to extend PE for unused area by hp-ux commands in
    > working status.
    >
    > Thanks, KIm

    Well, I guess not. You would have to re-initialize it with:
    pvcreate -fB /dev/rdsk/...
    vgcreate ...
    etc.

    You should check with vgdisplay -v vg00 and look for "Max PE per PV" and
    "PE Size".

    Yours, Hans Martin.

+ Reply to Thread