top command ; wait defined - HP UX

This is a discussion on top command ; wait defined - HP UX ; Running the top command on an old SCO 7.1 box. The wait is ~85.0%. Can someone explain to me what the wait field represents? Much appreciated....

  1. top command ; wait defined

    Running the top command on an old SCO 7.1 box. The wait is ~85.0%.
    Can someone explain to me what the wait field represents?

    Much appreciated.

  2. Re: top command ; wait defined

    Bryan writes:

    > Running the top command on an old SCO 7.1 box. The wait is ~85.0%.
    > Can someone explain to me what the wait field represents?

    I gues "wait" is "I/O wait", waiting for devices, usually disks...

    > Much appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread