exceed settings - HP UX

This is a discussion on exceed settings - HP UX ; I'm using exceed to connect to an HP unix machine from my Windows XP desktop. The default setting in Style Manager - Window is Click in Window To Make Active and that's what I want. But! The default behaviour is ...

  1. exceed settings

    I'm using exceed to connect to an HP unix machine from my Windows XP
    desktop.

    The default setting in Style Manager - Window is

    Click in Window To Make Active

    and that's what I want. But! The default behaviour is

    Point in Window To Make Active

    That is, it *behaves* as though the default setting were
    the other way. This is annoying.

    How can I get it to actually use the default setting each time?
    Socks

  2. Re: exceed settings

    On Mar 17, 2:11*pm, Puppet_Sock wrote:
    > I'm using exceed to connect to an HP unix machine from my Windows XP
    > desktop.
    >
    > The default setting in Style Manager - Window is
    >
    > Click in Window To Make Active
    >
    > and that's what I want. But! The default behaviour is
    >
    > Point in Window To Make Active
    >
    > That is, it *behaves* as though the default setting were
    > the other way. This is annoying.
    >
    > How can I get it to actually use the default setting each time?
    > Socks

    after you set it to "point", click "ok", then in "style manager",
    select "start up" (key icon) and "at login - return to home session",
    click "set home session"....then "ok".

    logout and back in....it should work at that point

  3. Re: exceed settings

    On Mar 17, 4:37*pm, OldSchool wrote:
    > On Mar 17, 2:11*pm, Puppet_Sock wrote:
    >
    > > I'm using exceed to connect to an HP unix machine from my Windows XP
    > > desktop.

    > > The default setting in Style Manager - Window is

    > > Click in Window To Make Active

    > > and that's what I want. But! The default behaviour is

    > > Point in Window To Make Active

    > > That is, it *behaves* as though the default setting were
    > > the other way. This is annoying.

    > > How can I get it to actually use the default setting each time?
    > > Socks

    > after you set it to "point", click "ok", then in "style manager",
    > select "start up" (key icon) and "at login - return to home session",
    > click "set home session"....then "ok".
    >
    > logout and back in....it should work at that point

    Does not work. The new session comes back up with
    the settings showing "click in" but behaving as though
    "point in" were selected. Just as it did.

    Sigh. Someplace in Xwindows or Exceed I seem to have
    something messed up and it's beyond my ability to fix.
    Socks

+ Reply to Thread