Freeware site for HP-UX 10.x? - HP UX

This is a discussion on Freeware site for HP-UX 10.x? - HP UX ; I finally got my old 712/60 back up and running with HP-UX 10.20, and I was wondering if there is well-known archive of ported apps (such as bash, ssh, gcc, and other GNU/Linux-ish niceties) for the platform. I found the ...

  1. Freeware site for HP-UX 10.x?

    I finally got my old 712/60 back up and running with HP-UX 10.20, and I was
    wondering if there is well-known archive of ported apps (such as bash, ssh,
    gcc, and other GNU/Linux-ish niceties) for the platform. I found the
    Porting Center at http://hpux.ece.ualberta.ca, and that one seems to be
    dedicated to 11.x support, so is there something similar in place for older
    HP-UX releases?

    Thanks!

    --
    James
    http://www.e-host-direct.com

  2. Re: Freeware site for HP-UX 10.x?

    On Jan 17, 12:57*pm, Slor wrote:
    > I finally got my old 712/60 back up and running with HP-UX 10.20, and I was
    > wondering if there is well-known archive of ported apps (such as bash, ssh,
    > gcc, and other GNU/Linux-ish niceties) for the platform. *I found the
    > Porting Center athttp://hpux.ece.ualberta.ca, and that one seems to be
    > dedicated to 11.x support, so is there something similar in place for older
    > HP-UX releases?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --
    > Jameshttp://www.e-host-direct.com
    > Reliable web hosting from $12/year.

    well, gcc is available here (binaries) for 10.20:

    http://mirrors.develooper.com/hpux/

    As for the rest, you're probably going to have to downl sources and
    build. The Porting Center mostly has 11.x support because 11.0 and
    prior are no longer supported. 11.0 support from HP was discontinued
    last year, and 10.20 died I don't know how long ago.

  3. Re: Freeware site for HP-UX 10.x?

    In article , Slor writes:
    > I finally got my old 712/60 back up and running with HP-UX 10.20, and I was
    > wondering if there is well-known archive of ported apps (such as bash, ssh,
    > gcc, and other GNU/Linux-ish niceties) for the platform. I found the
    > Porting Center at http://hpux.ece.ualberta.ca, and that one seems to be
    > dedicated to 11.x support, so is there something similar in place for older
    > HP-UX releases?

    You may check
    ftp://ftp.thewrittenword.com/packages/by-architecture
    (sometimes slow/down, so patience required)
    and
    ftp://ftp.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/local/unix/hpux/10.x
    (older stuff)

    (BTW, I'm collecting/compiling software for "ancient" OSs too)

  4. Re: Freeware site for HP-UX 10.x?

    Despite all prevention efforts, m.kraemer@gsi.de (Michael Kraemer) wrote
    in news:fmo7ta$cim$1@lnx107.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de:

    > You may check
    > ftp://ftp.thewrittenword.com/packages/by-architecture
    > (sometimes slow/down, so patience required)
    > and
    > ftp://ftp.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/local/unix/hpux/10.x
    > (older stuff)
    >
    > (BTW, I'm collecting/compiling software for "ancient" OSs too)

    Thanks both of you - this will be very helpful.

    --
    James
    http://www.e-host-direct.com
    Reliable web hosting from $12/year.