Check disk errors in hp-ux - HP UX

This is a discussion on Check disk errors in hp-ux - HP UX ; Hi, In solaris, I can use "iostat -e" to check disk errors. But, I can't use the same way in hp-ux, how can I check disk errors in hp-ux? Thanks...

  1. Check disk errors in hp-ux

    Hi,
    In solaris, I can use "iostat -e" to check disk errors. But, I can't
    use the same way in hp-ux, how can I check disk errors in hp-ux? Thanks

  2. Re: Check disk errors in hp-ux

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:10:01 -0800 (PST), BL wrote:

    >Hi,
    >In solaris, I can use "iostat -e" to check disk errors. But, I can't
    >use the same way in hp-ux, how can I check disk errors in hp-ux? Thanks

    Have you tried the fschk command?

    Aidan Grey

  3. Re: Check disk errors in hp-ux

    BL wrote:

    >Hi,
    >In solaris, I can use "iostat -e" to check disk errors. But, I can't
    >use the same way in hp-ux, how can I check disk errors in hp-ux? Thanks

    You can use stm to get this information.

    I am not at work at the moment so don't have access to my notes on the
    exact command.
    Don't use it often enough to remember it off the top of my head.

    Ted.
    | Ted Linnell |
    | |
    | Nunawading, Victoria , Australia |