Help, I'm clueless. - HP UX

This is a discussion on Help, I'm clueless. - HP UX ; I've inherited responsibility for a K-Class 9000 which I know nothing about. It's stopped responding over IP (Link Pulse LED is lit, but Transmit/Receive aren't), so I fired up the terminal, and all I see is this: http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6...0081001sh1.jpg I have ...

  1. Help, I'm clueless.

    I've inherited responsibility for a K-Class 9000 which I know nothing
    about. It's stopped responding over IP (Link Pulse LED is lit, but
    Transmit/Receive aren't), so I fired up the terminal, and all I see is
    this:

    http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6...0081001sh1.jpg

    I have no idea what to do with that. Anything I try to do tells me
    "no TO device / Press Return to Clear" ... How do I at least get to a
    command prompt?

  2. Re: Help, I'm clueless.

    > I've inherited responsibility for a K-Class 9000 which I know nothing
    > about. It's stopped responding over IP (Link Pulse LED is lit, but
    > Transmit/Receive aren't), so I fired up the terminal, and all I see is
    > this:
    >
    > http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6...0081001sh1.jpg
    >
    > I have no idea what to do with that. Anything I try to do tells me
    > "no TO device / Press Return to Clear" ... How do I at least get to a
    > command prompt?

    Can you check small display on front side and write code here?
    Do you know if terminal ever worked?
    Do you have a support contract?

  3. Re: Help, I'm clueless.

    Rob wrote:
    > I've inherited responsibility for a K-Class 9000 which I know nothing
    > about. It's stopped responding over IP (Link Pulse LED is lit, but
    > Transmit/Receive aren't), so I fired up the terminal, and all I see is
    > this:
    >
    > http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6...0081001sh1.jpg
    >
    > I have no idea what to do with that. Anything I try to do tells me
    > "no TO device / Press Return to Clear" ... How do I at least get to a
    > command prompt?

    Rob,

    Try to hold crtl+d with one hand and turn off and turn on the console
    terminal with the other hand.

    This will reset the terminal.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  4. Re: Help, I'm clueless.

    On Jan 10, 10:15*am, Rob wrote:
    > I've inherited responsibility for a K-Class 9000 which I know nothing
    > about. *It's stopped responding over IP (Link Pulse LED is lit, but
    > Transmit/Receive aren't), so I fired up the terminal, and all I see is
    > this:
    >
    > http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6...0081001sh1.jpg
    >
    > I have no idea what to do with that. *Anything I try to do tells me
    > "no TO device / Press Return to Clear" ... *How do I at least get to a
    > command prompt?

    FYI - The Dumb terminal isn't talking to the server. Mario and Jan are
    begining to troubleshoot that (and doing a fine job).
    1. Is there server up and what's hapening to it (That's Mario )
    2. Reset the Terminal to default se if it comes up (This is Jan)
    3. Next I would check the cable - are the connections tight? Do they
    have a bent pin? Do you have another cable to try just for giggles?
    4. Then how about using a laptop w/ serial port and trying to use
    hyperterm to talk to it? (Trying to rule out the umbterminal being the
    problem)

    Honestly, walking up to a Server that's about 10 years old (?) with a
    dumb terminal the same, if I hit a key a few times and nothing magical
    happens I switch over to my laptop using my personal cable. If it's
    going to be yours for awhile, you might want to check into some kind
    of remote serial interface to make life easier (HP Web Console is the
    one I've worked with).

  5. Re: Help, I'm clueless.

    Rob wrote:
    > so I fired up the terminal, and all I see is this:
    > http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6...0081001sh1.jpg

    Is there a "*" in the highlighted box with "Remote Mode", if not, press F4.

+ Reply to Thread