Re: Setting up print queue to an LG06 printer - HP UX

This is a discussion on Re: Setting up print queue to an LG06 printer - HP UX ; On Dec 14, 2:29 pm, bill.vau...@sunquestinfo.com wrote: > On Dec 14, 10:58 am, OldSchool wrote: > > > > > how did you config it (i.e. what modelscript?)- > > > I configured it in SAM as follows: > SAM ...

  1. Re: Setting up print queue to an LG06 printer

    On Dec 14, 2:29 pm, bill.vau...@sunquestinfo.com wrote:
    > On Dec 14, 10:58 am, OldSchool wrote:
    >

    > > how did you config it (i.e. what modelscript?)- >

    > I configured it in SAM as follows:
    > SAM Printers and Plotters -> LP Spooler -> Printers and Plotters ->
    > action: Add Remote Printer/Plotter
    >
    > I then entered the printer name, IP address, remote name of "text",
    > marked "remote printer is on a BSD System box, and selected OK.
    >
    > I can stop the queue, and see the data queueing up fine. Its only
    > when I print it that it seems to not recognize carriage returns, only
    > line feeds.
    >
    > Hope that is what you were asking...
    >
    > - Sub

    yep...

    i guess the next question is what is the printer connected to...a
    windows box, lan adapter or ???

  2. Re: Setting up print queue to an LG06 printer

    On Dec 14, 3:52 pm, OldSchool wrote:
    > On Dec 14, 2:29 pm, bill.vau...@sunquestinfo.com wrote:
    >

    > > On Dec 14, 10:58 am, OldSchool wrote:

    > > > how did you config it (i.e. what modelscript?)- >

    > > I configured it in SAM as follows:
    > > SAM Printers and Plotters -> LP Spooler -> Printers and Plotters ->
    > > action: Add Remote Printer/Plotter

    > > I then entered the printer name, IP address, remote name of "text",
    > > marked "remote printer is on a BSD System box, and selected OK.

    > > I can stop the queue, and see the data queueing up fine. Its only
    > > when I print it that it seems to not recognize carriage returns, only
    > > line feeds.

    > > Hope that is what you were asking...

    > > - Sub

    > yep...
    >
    > i guess the next question is what is the printer connected to...a
    > windows box, lan adapter or ???- Hide quoted text -

    and you might try the something like the following to see if it works

    ux2dos | lp -d

+ Reply to Thread