Hi,

I'm currently playing a text adventure that is called "HP-UX 11.31 and the
boot loader's inability to read the current filesystem layout, invalid GUID
partition tables, EFI, and broken Recovery Media".

I solving this game I tried to copy individual partitions directly from the
containing to other disks, using dd. It seems when using
"dd if=... of=... skip=something" dd just "reads over" the requested skip,
instead of trying a seek on the input file. It makes a big difference when you
are going to skip about 280GB of data.

Any clever idea that works from the recovery media?

Regards,
Ulrich