Hi,

I have a question on Data Protector backup:

When "clicking together" a backup specification, the datalist usually contains
one FILESYSTEM object per filesystem, making one "data protector object".

You could also specify multiple "-trees" options withing such a FILESYSTEM
object it seems, thereby making one data protector object from multiple
filesystems (In the GUI it would be possible from the
"Backup summary->Properties").

Assuming that's really possible, are there advantages/disadvantages other than
object scheduling? It would be tempting when having /usr/, /opt, /var, etc on
one disk to also put these filesystems into one data Protector object. That
way I could specify a "concurrency" while still avoiding useless paralellism
(like backing up /var and /usr in parallel) that will only slow down the
system.

Regards,
Ulrich