NFS problems on hp-ux - HP UX

This is a discussion on NFS problems on hp-ux - HP UX ; We have 3 HP-UX boxes, one is 10.20 and the other two are 11.i boxes. We're trying to do nfs mounts on all the boxes, and two of them we don't seem to be having any issue with, however with ...

  1. NFS problems on hp-ux

    We have 3 HP-UX boxes, one is 10.20 and the other two are 11.i boxes.

    We're trying to do nfs mounts on all the boxes, and two of them we
    don't seem to be having any issue with, however with one of them when
    we attempted to do the mount, we get an error:

    Nov 28 07:06:55 ohio vmunix: NFS getattr failed for server nas1: RPC:
    (unknown e
    rror code)

    The entry in fstab looks like this:

    : /home nfs rw,soft,suid 0 0

    When I attempted mount /home, I get the following error:

    $mount /home
    NFS getattr failed for server nas1: RPC: (unknown error code)
    nfs mount: mount_nfs: mount: /home: I/O error

    This exact same entry works fine on the 11.i and 10.20 box.

  2. Re: NFS problems on hp-ux

    "mohnkern" ha scritto nel messaggio
    > We have 3 HP-UX boxes, one is 10.20 and the other two are 11.i boxes.
    >
    > We're trying to do nfs mounts on all the boxes, and two of them we
    > don't seem to be having any issue with, however with one of them when
    > we attempted to do the mount, we get an error:
    >
    > Nov 28 07:06:55 ohio vmunix: NFS getattr failed for server nas1: RPC:
    > (unknown e
    > rror code)
    >
    > The entry in fstab looks like this:
    >
    > : /home nfs rw,soft,suid 0 0
    >
    > When I attempted mount /home, I get the following error:
    >
    > $mount /home
    > NFS getattr failed for server nas1: RPC: (unknown error code)
    > nfs mount: mount_nfs: mount: /home: I/O error
    >
    > This exact same entry works fine on the 11.i and 10.20 box.

    Hi,
    nfs client working fine on server nas1? (take a look on
    /etc/rc.config.d/nfsconf If I remember well), if yes
    Witch entry in nas1 fstab? mount it manually with
    mount server1:/exported/directory /local/mount/point
    and NOT with mount /home

    Let us know
    Regards
    Antonio