installed HP-UX, what next? - HP UX

This is a discussion on installed HP-UX, what next? - HP UX ; Hello All I installed HP-UX. Just the OS I guess. What do I do next? 01. How do I determine what patches to install and how to install them? 02. I need to make this a DHCP client. How may ...

  1. installed HP-UX, what next?

    Hello All
    I installed HP-UX. Just the OS I guess.

    What do I do next?

    01. How do I determine what patches to install and how to install
    them?

    02. I need to make this a DHCP client. How may I do that?

    03. I think the documentation for HP-UX on HP's site is atrocious. How
    can a newbie get started? One of the HP books ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: installed HP-UX, what next?

    thick_guy_9 wrote:

    > 03. I think the documentation for HP-UX on HP's site is atrocious. How
    > can a newbie get started? One of the HP books ?

    Really? You can download all of the manuals there though it might be
    that you haven't found them all, the website is a bit of a maze. Have
    you tried http://docs.hp.com/

    Stewart

  3. Re: installed HP-UX, what next?

    On Aug 3, 10:32 pm, thick_guy_9 wrote:
    > Hello All
    > I installed HP-UX. Just the OS I guess.
    >
    > What do I do next?
    >
    > 01. How do I determine what patches to install and how to install
    > them?

    HP has a tool which will generate a recommended list of patches, based
    on your preferences and which patches you have already installed.

    Basically you generate an .xml file that has information about your
    system, and then select the components you are interested in (e.g., do
    you use Java?). You can also select desired filters, such as the star
    rating of the patch.

    You have to login to HP's site to see that tool, so I can't send you a
    direct link, but here is a starting page.
    http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/inde...07139+28353475

    It's a nice tool, but you should of course test the patched system
    with your applications.

    Regards,
    Rodney

+ Reply to Thread