Terminal Emulation from a PC - HP UX

This is a discussion on Terminal Emulation from a PC - HP UX ; Hello, I'm using Putty via ssh to access a remote HPUX machine. Are there any settings I can set to get C-h to work properly in Emacs? I'm assuming that the same issue is blocking my keypad as well, though ...

  1. Terminal Emulation from a PC

    Hello,

    I'm using Putty via ssh to access a remote HPUX machine. Are there
    any settings I can set to get C-h to work properly in Emacs? I'm
    assuming that the same issue is blocking my keypad as well, though I
    could be wrong.

    I'm not very knowledgable about term types, but I've tried suggestions
    for TERM=hp, vt100, xterm, etc to no avail.

    my .profile is automatically setting TERM=xterm. Maybe my term type
    isn't even the issue, but that's about the extent of my knowledge on
    HP and Term Types.

    Any help or pointers is appreciated.

    Matt

  2. Re: Terminal Emulation from a PC

    On Aug 3, 2:54 pm, the matt wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm using Putty via ssh to access a remote HPUX machine. Are there
    > any settings I can set to get C-h to work properly in Emacs? I'm
    > assuming that the same issue is blocking my keypad as well, though I
    > could be wrong.
    >
    > I'm not very knowledgable about term types, but I've tried suggestions
    > for TERM=hp, vt100, xterm, etc to no avail.
    >
    > my .profile is automatically setting TERM=xterm. Maybe my term type
    > isn't even the issue, but that's about the extent of my knowledge on
    > HP and Term Types.
    >
    > Any help or pointers is appreciated.
    >
    > Matt

    Solved

    in .profile -> stty erase "^?"

    in Putty set Keyboard BS key to Control-? (127)

    Thanks

    Matt

+ Reply to Thread