    from it somehow on the HP?

    Robert

  2. Re: FORTRAN I/O ERROR...but I ain't using it.

    On 2007-07-30, Robert Hicks wrote:

    > I have a "c" program that is throwing:
    >
    > FORTRAN I/O ERROR 901: NEGATIVE UNIT NUMBER SPECIFIED
    >
    > However, I am not using FORTRAN in my application. Does libc borrow
    > from it somehow on the HP?

    Look for a negative file descriptor number e.g if open() has returned
    -1 and you have used it without checking for that invalid value.

    No idea why it has chosen a Fortran message.

    http://www.notatla.org.uk/goen/

  3. Re: FORTRAN I/O ERROR...but I ain't using it.

    Robert Hicks writes:

    > I have a "c" program that is throwing:
    >
    > FORTRAN I/O ERROR 901: NEGATIVE UNIT NUMBER SPECIFIED
    >
    > However, I am not using FORTRAN in my application. Does libc borrow
    > from it somehow on the HP?

    Maybe get "tusc" and trace your program to find where that message comes
    from. Are you linking a FORTRAN library?

    > Robert

  4. Re: FORTRAN I/O ERROR...but I ain't using it.

    On Jul 31, 3:19 am, Ulrich Windl
    wrote:
    > Robert Hicks writes:
    > > I have a "c" program that is throwing:

    > > FORTRAN I/O ERROR 901: NEGATIVE UNIT NUMBER SPECIFIED

    > > However, I am not using FORTRAN in my application. Does libc borrow
    > > from it somehow on the HP?

    > Maybe get "tusc" and trace your program to find where that message comes
    > from. Are you linking a FORTRAN library?
    >

    > > Robert

    Nope, no FORTRAN at all.

  5. Re: FORTRAN I/O ERROR...but I ain't using it.

    Robert Hicks wrote:
    > On Jul 31, 3:19 am, Ulrich Windl
    > wrote:
    > > Robert Hicks writes:
    > > > I have a "c" program that is throwing:

    > > > FORTRAN I/O ERROR 901: NEGATIVE UNIT NUMBER SPECIFIED

    > > > However, I am not using FORTRAN in my application. Does libc borrow
    > > > from it somehow on the HP?

    > > Maybe get "tusc" and trace your program to find where that message comes
    > > from. Are you linking a FORTRAN library?
    > >
    > > > Robert

    > Nope, no FORTRAN at all.

    Please post the verbose output from the linker (ld(1)).

+ Reply to Thread