being lazy - HP UX

This is a discussion on being lazy - HP UX ; anyone here having this http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/transition/openpty.pdf code handy? i wonder why it is in pdf but no downloads.. applying patches from pdf format is painful ;-) I googled for it, but had not found anything....

  1. being lazy

    anyone here having this

    http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/transition/openpty.pdf

    code handy?
    i wonder why it is in pdf but no downloads.. applying patches from pdf
    format is painful ;-)

    I googled for it, but had not found anything.

  2. Re: being lazy

    ArkanoiD wrote:
    > anyone here having this

    > http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/transition/openpty.pdf

    > code handy?
    > i wonder why it is in pdf but no downloads.. applying patches from pdf
    > format is painful ;-)

    I take it you've already tried cliking on the little "T" icon in the
    acrobar reader window and then doing cut-and-paste?

    rick jones
    --
    web2.0 n, the dot.com reunion tour...

  3. Re: being lazy

    Ah. I am stupid, i did not know about this feature as i prefered xpdf
    for faster load ;-)

    There is pdf2text or some tool like that also..

    Will do, is anyone intersted in the result?

    On 30 อมา, 00:32, Rick Jones wrote:
    > ArkanoiD wrote:
    > > anyone here having this
    > >http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/transition/openpty.pdf
    > > code handy?
    > > i wonder why it is in pdf but no downloads.. applying patches from pdf
    > > format is painful ;-)

    > I take it you've already tried cliking on the little "T" icon in the
    > acrobar reader window and then doing cut-and-paste?
    >
    > rick jones
    > --
    > web2.0 n, the dot.com reunion tour...
    > these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway...
    > feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com but NOT BOTH...

  4. Re: being lazy

    Oops, looks like i have to apply manual patch anyways as acroread pdf
    text export loses formatting (tabs and spaces).. :-(

  5. Re: being lazy

    ArkanoiD wrote:
    > Ah. I am stupid, i did not know about this feature as i prefered xpdf
    > for faster load ;-)

    Don't feel bad, it took me years for me to figure out why it worked on
    windows without that T
    but on HP-UX I was hosed. It is actually documented in acroread's help.

+ Reply to Thread