mount error during the boot sequence - HP UX

This is a discussion on mount error during the boot sequence - HP UX ; Hi, during an usual boot sequence, the first error appears is : /sbin/ioinitrc: mount: must be root to use mount Unable to mount /stand - please check entries in /etc/fstab Then, Initializing boot device Boot IO Dependant Code (IODC) Revision ...

  1. mount error during the boot sequence

    Hi,

    during an usual boot sequence, the first error appears is :
    /sbin/ioinitrc:
    mount: must be root to use mount
    Unable to mount /stand - please check entries in /etc/fstab

    Then,

    Initializing boot device
    Boot IO Dependant Code (IODC) Revision 0
    IODC_ENTRY_INIT failed Error Status -7
    The IODC for this boot device was enable to provide text describing the
    failure.
    IODC_ENTRY_INIT[return message] failed. Error Status -2.

    then everything goes wrong.

    Anybody have ideas on what's happen ?
    We already played with ISL> unsuccessfully (just / is mounted so we are
    stuck).

    Thanks
    Serge

  2. Re: mount error during the boot sequence

    ...and what are your fstab contents?

    On 28 , 19:02, serge zangheri
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > during an usual boot sequence, the first error appears is :
    > /sbin/ioinitrc:
    > mount: must be root to use mount
    > Unable to mount /stand - please check entries in /etc/fstab
    >
    > Then,
    >
    > Initializing boot device
    > Boot IO Dependant Code (IODC) Revision 0
    > IODC_ENTRY_INIT failed Error Status -7
    > The IODC for this boot device was enable to provide text describing the
    > failure.
    > IODC_ENTRY_INIT[return message] failed. Error Status -2.
    >
    > then everything goes wrong.
    >
    > Anybody have ideas on what's happen ?
    > We already played with ISL> unsuccessfully (just / is mounted so we are
    > stuck).
    >
    > Thanks
    > Serge

  3. Re: mount error during the boot sequence

    Here it is :

    # ls -l /etc/fstab
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root sys 1189 Mar 23 2005 /etc/fstab
    # cat /etc/fstab
    # System /etc/fstab file. Static information about the file systems
    # See fstab(4) and sam(1M) for further details on configuring devices.
    /dev/vg00/lvol3 / vxfs delaylog 0 1
    /dev/vg00/lvol1 /stand hfs defaults 0 1
    /dev/vg00/lvol4 /home vxfs delaylog 0 2
    /dev/vg00/lvol5 /opt vxfs delaylog 0 2
    /dev/vg00/lvol6 /tmp vxfs delaylog 0 2
    /dev/vg00/lvol7 /usr vxfs delaylog 0 2
    /dev/vg00/lvol8 /var vxfs delaylog 0 2
    /dev/vg00/lvol9 /var/adm/crash vxfs delaylog 0 2
    /dev/vg00/lvol10 ... swap defaults 0 0
    /dev/vg01/lvol1 /STRUCTURE vxfs delaylog 0 2
    /dev/vg02/lvol1 /APPLICATIONS vxfs delaylog 0 2

    Thanks
    Serge

    ArkanoiD a écrit :
    > ..and what are your fstab contents?
    >

    > On 28 мар, 19:02, serge zangheri
    > wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> during an usual boot sequence, the first error appears is :
    >> /sbin/ioinitrc:
    >> mount: must be root to use mount
    >> Unable to mount /stand - please check entries in /etc/fstab
    >>
    >> Then,
    >>
    >> Initializing boot device
    >> Boot IO Dependant Code (IODC) Revision 0
    >> IODC_ENTRY_INIT failed Error Status -7
    >> The IODC for this boot device was enable to provide text describing the
    >> failure.
    >> IODC_ENTRY_INIT[return message] failed. Error Status -2.
    >>
    >> then everything goes wrong.
    >>
    >> Anybody have ideas on what's happen ?
    >> We already played with ISL> unsuccessfully (just / is mounted so we are
    >> stuck).
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Serge

+ Reply to Thread