abt make_net_recovery - HP UX

This is a discussion on abt make_net_recovery - HP UX ; this is paramesh, i have a question regarding make _net_recovery . I am able to take the backup of one system into another system in the network ,but iam facing a problem when i am trying to recover the system ...

  1. abt make_net_recovery

    this is paramesh,

    i have a question regarding make _net_recovery . I am able to take
    the
    backup of one system into another system in the network ,but iam
    facing a problem when i am trying to recover the system frm the
    network (search lan install) it is giving me error at load archive
    and
    i could nt even proceed further.

  2. Re: abt make_net_recovery

    ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:1174062833.316736.316260@n59g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...
    > this is paramesh,
    >
    > i have a question regarding make _net_recovery . I am able to take
    > the
    > backup of one system into another system in the network ,but iam
    > facing a problem when i am trying to recover the system frm the
    > network (search lan install) it is giving me error at load archive
    > and
    > i could nt even proceed further.

    Hi,
    if your restore system is not on the same vlan you need to boot from a cdrom
    or a bootable tape.
    From the cdrom or tape select your ignite server adding your network
    configuration and you will boot from ignite-server.
    Regards
    Antonio

+ Reply to Thread