option for linker ld - HP UX

This is a discussion on option for linker ld - HP UX ; Hello, I have to add the option +s to the linker (use of SHLIB_PATH to prevent dynamic loading of shared library). My problem is that compilation is done via the command cc -o where the linker is not explicitely called ...

  1. option for linker ld

    Hello,
    I have to add the option +s to the linker (use of SHLIB_PATH to
    prevent dynamic loading of shared library).
    My problem is that compilation is done via the command cc -o where
    the linker is not explicitely called : no reference to ld, but the
    link is however done. I was not thinking about that before !
    If I add the +s option to the cc -o line, the compilation is saying
    "the option is not recognized".
    I don't understand how to do.
    thank you for any help

  2. Re: option for linker ld

    "awalter1" writes:

    > If I add the +s option to the cc -o line, the compilation is saying
    > "the option is not recognized".

    To pass an option directly to 'ld', in most compilers use
    '-Wl,

+ Reply to Thread