HOW TO DISABLE IPv4 ON HP - HP UX

This is a discussion on HOW TO DISABLE IPv4 ON HP - HP UX ; HI, I have set up my own IPv6 lab in my office . It consits of a solaris , linux , AIX and HP machine. Presently they are configured for both IPv4 and v6 but I want to have only ...

  1. HOW TO DISABLE IPv4 ON HP

    HI,
    I have set up my own IPv6 lab in my office . It consits of a
    solaris , linux , AIX and HP machine. Presently they are configured
    for both IPv4 and v6 but I want to have only IPv6 on those
    machines . So can any one help me in disabling IPv4 on HP and even on
    AIX.

  2. Re: HOW TO DISABLE IPv4 ON HP

    sagar wrote:
    > HI,
    > I have set up my own IPv6 lab in my office . It consits of a
    > solaris , linux , AIX and HP machine. Presently they are configured
    > for both IPv4 and v6 but I want to have only IPv6 on those
    > machines . So can any one help me in disabling IPv4 on HP and even on
    > AIX.

    Starting with an interface which has both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
    enabled, from the command line one could do:

    # ifconfig lan1
    lan1: flags=1843
    inet 192.168.1.123 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
    lan1: flags=4800841
    inet6 fe80::230:6eff:fe4c:1c63 prefix 10
    # ifconfig lan1 0.0.0.0
    # ifconfig lan1
    lan1: flags=1842
    inet 0.0.0.0 netmask ffffffff
    lan1: flags=4800841
    inet6 fe80::230:6eff:fe4c:1c63 prefix 10
    # ifconfig lan1 unplumb

    (or ifconfig lan1 inet unplumb)

    # ifconfig lan1
    lan1: flags=4800841
    inet6 fe80::230:6eff:fe4c:1c63 prefix 10

    and then to disable the IPv6:

    # ifconfig lan1 inet6 unplumb
    # ifconfig lan1
    ifconfig: no such interface

    I'm not entirely sure what the syntax would be in the
    /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file. Perhaps the "sam" command is smart
    enough. There may be more in the manpage for ifconfig.

    You should make sure that all the applications you wish to run are
    IPv6 aware of course

    rick jones