init process logfile - HP UX

This is a discussion on init process logfile - HP UX ; Hi, I'm working on HPUX 11iv2 I have add a new line in my inittab : mytest:23456:respawn:su - usertest -c 'mydaemon' and when I reload with init q, my process don't start. Where can I find init logfile, I want ...

  1. init process logfile

    Hi,

    I'm working on HPUX 11iv2

    I have add a new line in my inittab :

    mytest:23456:respawn:su - usertest -c 'mydaemon'

    and when I reload with init q, my process don't start.

    Where can I find init logfile, I want to trace it .

    Thanks

    Olivier

  2. Re: init process logfile

    On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, ohhfrancois@free.fr wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm working on HPUX 11iv2
    >
    > I have add a new line in my inittab :
    >
    > mytest:23456:respawn:su - usertest -c 'mydaemon'
    >
    > and when I reload with init q, my process don't start.
    >
    > Where can I find init logfile, I want to trace it .
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Olivier

    Olivier,

    I'd look at /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log, but I suspect that your
    problem is that you're not providing the full pathname to /usr/bin/su
    in your inittab entry.

    Regards,
    Carl

  3. Re: init process logfile

    I found the error in the Console Log for the last boot.
    On HP-UX you inittab id are limited to 4 characters.

    mytest is too long you have to use myte.

    I didn't find inittab's logs in other place.

    Thanks

    Olivier

    "Olivier FRANCOIS" a écrit dans le message de
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm working on HPUX 11iv2
    >
    > I have add a new line in my inittab :
    >
    > mytest:23456:respawn:su - usertest -c 'mydaemon'
    >
    > and when I reload with init q, my process don't start.
    >
    > Where can I find init logfile, I want to trace it .
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Olivier

  4. Re: init process logfile

    On 2007-03-03, Olivier FRANCOIS wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm working on HPUX 11iv2
    >
    > I have add a new line in my inittab :
    >
    > mytest:23456:respawn:su - usertest -c 'mydaemon'
    >
    > and when I reload with init q, my process don't start.
    >
    > Where can I find init logfile, I want to trace it .

    /etc/rc.log + /etc/rc.log.old

    --
    http://www.dynode.net/~rjw/

+ Reply to Thread