Old hp-ux Itanium media needed! - HP UX

This is a discussion on Old hp-ux Itanium media needed! - HP UX ; Hi, A couple of years ago, I bought a second-hand hp workstation zx6000. I have exclusively used Linux since then. A few weeks ago, I decided to give hp-ux a try. Unfortunately, I experienced several problems and contacted the hp ...

  1. Old hp-ux Itanium media needed!

    Hi,

    A couple of years ago, I bought a second-hand hp workstation zx6000. I
    have exclusively used Linux since then. A few weeks ago, I decided to
    give hp-ux a try. Unfortunately, I experienced several problems and
    contacted the hp ISS Support Center. It seems that my problems are due
    to irrelevant medias for my zx6000: it was provided with a March 2004
    hp-ux 11.23 FOE kit. From the hp ISS Support Center, I should have
    received a MTOE/TCOE kit, the latest supported version for my system
    being the May 2005 edition. Unfortunately, this old version is no more
    available from hp and I was advised to post on the various hp-ux and
    Itanium forums. I've already posted on the ITRC hp forums and am now
    trying this one. Does anybody wants to part with his/her hp-ux 11.23
    MTOE/TCOE kit? I can exchange them with a March 2004 11.23 FOE kit :-)

    Thanks for any advice/input/suggestion.

    Emeric

  2. Re: Old hp-ux Itanium media needed!

    emeric.maschino@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > A couple of years ago, I bought a second-hand hp workstation zx6000. I
    > have exclusively used Linux since then. A few weeks ago, I decided to
    > give hp-ux a try. Unfortunately, I experienced several problems and
    > contacted the hp ISS Support Center. It seems that my problems are due
    > to irrelevant medias for my zx6000: it was provided with a March 2004
    > hp-ux 11.23 FOE kit. From the hp ISS Support Center, I should have
    > received a MTOE/TCOE kit, the latest supported version for my system
    > being the May 2005 edition. Unfortunately, this old version is no more
    > available from hp and I was advised to post on the various hp-ux and
    > Itanium forums. I've already posted on the ITRC hp forums and am now
    > trying this one. Does anybody wants to part with his/her hp-ux 11.23
    > MTOE/TCOE kit? I can exchange them with a March 2004 11.23 FOE kit :-)
    >
    > Thanks for any advice/input/suggestion.
    >
    > Emeric

    Emeric,

    Have you tried www.ebay.com or Your countries Ebay?

    I saw just some DVD sets for your demands.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  3. Re: Old hp-ux Itanium media needed!

    Hi Jan,

    Unfortunately, the kits currently available on eBay are for PA-RISC
    systems, not Itanium ones. Several years ago, I remember having seen
    Itanium kits on eBay, but IIRC they were FOE kits like mine, not MTOE/
    TCOE ones.

    Thank you for your suggestion,

    Emeric

    > Have you tried www.ebay.com or Your countries Ebay?
    >
    > I saw just some DVD sets for your demands.
    >

    > Kind regards,
    >

    > Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  4. Re: Old hp-ux Itanium media needed!

    emeric.maschino@gmail.com writes:

    > Hi Jan,
    >
    > Unfortunately, the kits currently available on eBay are for PA-RISC
    > systems, not Itanium ones. Several years ago, I remember having seen
    > Itanium kits on eBay, but IIRC they were FOE kits like mine, not MTOE/
    > TCOE ones.

    AFAIK, for HP-UX 11.23 (11i v2) there is only one set of media for both,
    PA.-RISC and IA64.

    Regards,
    Ulrich

    > Thank you for your suggestion,
    >
    > Emeric
    >

    > > Have you tried www.ebay.com or Your countries Ebay?
    > >
    > > I saw just some DVD sets for your demands.
    > >

    > > Kind regards,
    > >

    > > Jan Gerrit Kootstra

+ Reply to Thread