Installing aCC++ - HP UX

This is a discussion on Installing aCC++ - HP UX ; - I ran the command: swinstall -p -v -s /home/garybowd/aCC-11.11-3.55ws.depot - I selected the S800 Package (I also tried this with the S700, but i'm pretty sure our server is S800) - I selected install, and these are the errors ...

  1. Installing aCC++

    - I ran the command:

    swinstall -p -v -s /home/garybowd/aCC-11.11-3.55ws.depot

    - I selected the S800 Package (I also tried this with the S700, but
    i'm pretty sure our server is S800)

    - I selected install, and these are the errors i got:

    ERROR: Exclude C-Dev-Tools.C-AUX-MAN,r=B.11.11.10
    ERROR: Exclude DebugPrg.DEBUG-PRG,r=B.11.11.10
    ERROR: Exclude WDB.WDB,r=B.
    11.11.10
    ERROR: Exclude WDB.WDB-DOC,r=B.11.11.10
    ERROR: Exclude WDB.WDB-MAN,r=B.
    11.11.10
    ERROR: Exclude WDB-GUI.WDB-GUI-HELP,r=B.
    11.11.10
    ERROR: Exclude WDB-GUI.WDB-GUI-MAN,r=B.
    11.11.10
    ERROR: Exclude WDB-GUI.WDB-GUI-RUN,r=B.
    11.11.10
    ERROR: 19 of 19 filesets had
    Errors.
    ERROR: The Analysis Phase had errors. See the above output
    for
    details.

    Any help would be appreicated. (My current thinking is there is an
    HP-UX build dependancy that I have not met...)

    -Gary

  2. Re: Installing aCC++

    If you use the interactive swinstall, there should be more information
    in the log. Similarly, the non-interactive swinstall will point you
    at a (more detailed?) log file. That should give more reasons for the
    error.

    There could be some missing dependencies (unlikely though), it could
    be that what you are trying to install is already installed (what does
    swlist say?) could be there isn't enough disc space, etc etc.

    rick jones

    BTW, it is IIRC just aCC

    where do you want to be today?

  3. Re: Installing aCC++

    On Feb 22, 7:31 pm, Rick Jones wrote:
    > If you use the interactive swinstall, there should be more information
    > in the log. Similarly, the non-interactive swinstall will point you
    > at a (more detailed?) log file. That should give more reasons for the
    > error.
    >
    > There could be some missing dependencies (unlikely though), it could
    > be that what you are trying to install is already installed (what does
    > swlist say?) could be there isn't enough disc space, etc etc.
    >
    > rick jones
    >
    > BTW, it is IIRC just aCC
    >
    > --
    > denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, rebirth...
    > where do you want to be today?
    > these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway...
    > feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com but NOT BOTH...

    Ok, It's already installed. I'll try to figure out how to remove it,
    any hints?

    Is restoring /opt/aCC from tape a safe backout for a possiable intall
    failure? (i assume not recomended.. bad plan?) I'll see if i can find
    the .depot for what's installed now.

    Thanks for your help.

  4. Re: Installing aCC++

    gary.bowdridge@cgi.com wrote:
    > Ok, It's already installed.

    As in swlist shows the same version already isntalled, or an earlier
    version?

    > I'll try to figure out how to remove it, any hints?

    swremove

    > Is restoring /opt/aCC from tape a safe backout for a possiable
    > intall failure? (i assume not recomended.. bad plan?) I'll see if i
    > can find the .depot for what's installed now.

    I'm not entirely sure what you mean there - just pulling /opt/aCC from
    a backup tape may not setup the stuff that swinstall checks - although
    it may also check for the existence of files and not just the product
    info in the swinstall database.

    rick jones

  5. Re: Installing aCC++

    On 2007-02-22, gary.bowdridge@cgi.com wrote:
    > - I ran the command:
    >
    > swinstall -p -v -s /home/garybowd/aCC-11.11-3.55ws.depot
    >
    > - I selected the S800 Package (I also tried this with the S700, but
    > i'm pretty sure our server is S800)
    > -Gary

    To find out what system you're on, type `model' at the prompt.

    - Russell

    --
    http://www.dynode.net/~rjw/

  6. Re: Installing aCC++

    gary.bowdridge@cgi.com wrote:
    > - I ran the command:
    > swinstall -p -v -s /home/garybowd/aCC-11.11-3.55ws.depot
    > - I selected the S800 Package

    -p does a preview, did you want that? You don't really want -v.

    > - I selected install, and these are the errors i got:

    You need to show the analysis part.

    > ERROR: The Analysis Phase had errors. See the above output

    > Any help would be appreicated. (My current thinking is there is an
    > HP-UX build dependancy that I have not met...)
    > -Gary

    From your ITRC forum thread, you may have newer version A.03.60
    installed. You are going backwards.
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...readId=1103048

    Can you explain why you want to install this obsolete version?

    Rick gave you instructions how to remove what you have.

    >>Is restoring /opt/aCC from tape a safe backout for a possiable
    >> install failure? (i assume not recomended.. bad plan?)

    Right, not supported.

    You could install the aCC-11.11-3.55ws.depot to an alternate root using
    the following syntax:
    # swinstall ... @ $PWD/A.03.55

    That would leave your installed compiler alone. And you can fiddle with
    this older one using this other path to invoke it:
    http://www.docs.hp.com/en/7762/5991-...ntax.htm#float

    Russell wrote:
    >>- I selected the S800 Package (I also tried this with the S700, but
    >>i'm pretty sure our server is S800)

    > To find out what system you're on, type `model' at the prompt.

    You can install either S700 or S800 or both. S800 is for servers.

+ Reply to Thread