NFS question... - HP UX

This is a discussion on NFS question... - HP UX ; Hi all, quick question. I have a situation where machine A uses an NFS mount to access part of machine B's filesystem. I have shell access to machine B, but not to machine A. I do, however, have access to ...

  1. NFS question...

    Hi all, quick question.

    I have a situation where machine A uses an NFS mount to access part of
    machine B's filesystem. I have shell access to machine B, but not to
    machine A. I do, however, have access to an app running on machine
    A. The app on machine A wants me to enter in its configuration the
    path to the files on machine B - the files do "exist" on machine A,
    but only because they are visible via the NFS mount to machine B.

    So, my question is, having shell access to machine B, is there any
    command I can use to determine what NFS mounts machine A is using on
    machine B, and most importantly, what the local path of those mounts
    are on machine A, so that I know what path to enter into the app
    running on machine A?

  2. Re: NFS question...

    skull_leader7@yahoo.com wrote:
    > So, my question is, having shell access to machine B, is there any
    > command I can use to determine what NFS mounts machine A is using on
    > machine B, and most importantly, what the local path of those mounts
    > are on machine A, so that I know what path to enter into the app
    > running on machine A?

    The showmount(1M) command may give you the first part, but it won't
    give you the second. Be certain to read about the limitations
    discussed in the manpage.

    rick jones
    - Rick Jones